Nerd News Page 51

Catwoman:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a333509/dark-knight-rises-anne-hathaway-as-catwoman-first-look.html

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 5 2011, 10:04 AM BST

Catwoman:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a333509/dark-knight-rises-anne-hathaway-as-catwoman-first-look.html

You can't really tell much from it. I would have rather a full frontal of her, standing up, legs akimbo.

That's chip!

Soooooo Exciting !!!

Gotta love Christopher Nolan !!!

In other, equally as exciting news, the new HE MAN movie has been greenlit and they're planning an epic trilogy that introduces Prince Adam from childhood to taking on the mantle of He Man. There'll be battles, and I think they're going with the original toyline accompanying comic story plot where Skeletor's originally Adam's uncle and he kills Man-At-Arms (Adam's dad) and so commences the battle for Castle Greyskull and Eternia.

Then in the second or third they'll introduce Hordak.

No words exist for how f**king spectacular this will be if done right!!!

Hopefully by thetime they get around to the third film, Joel Schumacher won't be involved... Or else...

Only just seen the picture of the new Superman. Sounds/Looks good, Zac Snyder, Nolan etc but still, Singer's Superman Returns is sorely underrated, some cracking stuff in it. (Superman's son aside)

Or I'm perhaps better venting this frustration on a website aimed at, and written by, 14 year olds.

Yes, lovely that. Bit worried we'll see the demise of Bats in this one, but I'm sure they'll be a reboot once he (Nolan) is done.

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 12 2011, 8:25 PM GMT

but I'm sure there'll be a reboot once he (Nolan) is done.

Either remakes from Tim Burton (20 years by far long enough according to Hollywood) or just more in the style of this. I doubt we'll see anything original.

I just hope they get a great director involved again, this run has shown what getting someone of quality involved can achieve. Darren Aronofsky almost did it before Nolan, he's bigger news now, his take on it could be interesting.

I suppose you're right. There's only so much originality you can pull from the original source. It really comes down to how you tell the story.

Quote: Leevil @ December 12 2011, 8:29 PM GMT

Either remakes from Tim Burton (20 years by far long enough according to Hollywood) or just more in the style of this. I doubt we'll see anything original.

Somewhere between the too would be nice.

I'd definitely like to see more caricatures in the next one. It doesn't have to be camp but whilst it was a great performance I thought The Joker was too subtle and realistic. He didn't pop out of the screen like Jack Nicholson did.

I can't imagine any big directors would be interested in a Batman reboot now Nolan has made it his own.

Quote: Leevil @ December 12 2011, 8:41 PM GMT

I'd definitely like to see more caricatures in the next one. It doesn't have to be camp but whilst it was a great performance I thought The Joker was too subtle and realistic. He didn't pop out of the screen like Jack Nicholson did.

I don't know about subtle exactly! But that comes down to the style of film, Nicholson-style Joker would not have sat well in a Nolan movie. If it was bigger, or more arch and weird, like Burton's, then there's space for bigger/more cartoonish performances.

Quote: chipolata @ December 12 2011, 8:44 PM GMT

I can't imagine any big directors would be interested in a Batman reboot now Nolan has made it his own.

You'd have to be pretty cocky and sure of yourself to want to follow him.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 12 2011, 8:45 PM GMT

I don't know about subtle exactly! But that comes down to the style of film, Nicholson-style Joker would not have sat well in a Nolan movie. If it was bigger, or more arch and weird, like Burton's, then there's space for bigger/more cartoonish performances.

Oh, I understand that. But like Nil mentioned, a mix of realism and Burton-esque fantasy would work well. It's a fine line to tread though.