Nerd News Page 2

I don't really like Star Trek but JJ Abrams/Pegg involvement makes me want to watch this.

Zachary Quinto looks scary!

I want to NOT watch this. That's not the crew of the original Enterprise. You can't just recast those parts like this. Though he does look a bit like Spock, I agree.

Although I think JJ Abrams is a genius, I do think his best work is on TV (Alias, Lost, etc). Not quite sure any of the movies he's been involved with have been that great. Hopefully this movie will buck that trend.

Some new Star Trek pictures

Quote: Bad dog @ October 17 2008, 8:44 AM BST

I want to NOT watch this. That's not the crew of the original Enterprise. You can't just recast those parts like this. Though he does look a bit like Spock, I agree.

If it helps they have said Leonard Nimoy has a big part in the movie playing Spock who travels back in time (hence why they needed to recast). Also the entire crew are seen in one scene through a window apparently.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 17 2008, 10:21 AM BST

Some new Star Trek pictures

Oooo i hadn't seen that mag cover. Very cool. Here is a great article straight from the directors mouth. Warning thought! It's got some pretty cool spoilers!!!

Battlestar Galactica returns January 16th, with the season finale airing on March 20th.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 22 2008, 5:19 PM BST

Battlestar Galactica returns January 16th, with the season finale airing on March 20th.

Aren't they doing an offshoot series of BSG?

Quote: Curt @ October 13 2008, 6:13 PM BST

Or the new Sherlock Homes movie with Downey, Law and Guy Ritchie. Seriously...I like Downey but you're telling me there wasn't one British actor good enough to play Holmes? Guh!

Downey's fantastic, but I hate Ritchie.

Quote: zooo @ October 23 2008, 3:14 PM BST

I hate Ritchie.

Everybody does. Including his missus.

Quote: chipolata @ October 23 2008, 3:10 PM BST

Aren't they doing an offshoot series of BSG?

Yep, Caprica. Not sure when we'll get that though. :)

Quote: Curt @ October 13 2008, 4:25 PM BST

Also check out this new scene from the Hulk DVD, they say it's Captain America frozen in the snow... http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/found-captain-america-in-the-incredible-hulk.php
what do you think?

Took 'em long enough to find him. Disappointing.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 24 2008, 11:44 AM BST

Took 'em long enough to find him. Disappointing.

Laughing out loud gold! I've just sent that image to a crap load of my friends.

Check this out, Marvel has just revealed they want to do a Dr. Strange movie next to MTV. Maaaaaan when are they going to get to a Mike Alfred version of X Force movie. It would be rated R goodness. Almost every issue some character died a horrible death.

Great book! Kept me on my toes the whole run.

:D

I just went to a talk by Neil Gaiman. He was totally cool in the flesh and of course dressed in black.

He answered my question on Miracle Man and it may be concluded in the future.

He also recounted the story of how Alan Moore told him he was going to be a warlock.

I am in a state of geeker joy.

Cooool. Moore IS mental. :)