Nerd News Page 8

Quote: ScotiaNova @ December 25 2008, 10:21 AM GMT

Well the thing is it should only affect the North American release as Paramount (who previously developed and dropped it) owns distribution for the rest of the world.

Except that the WB deal with Paramount could be ruled as invalid.

Quote: Aaron @ December 25 2008, 11:38 AM GMT

Except that the WB deal with Paramount could be ruled as invalid.

As I said (I think) this is all about the North American rights . . . I'm pretty sure that if Paramount's deal was in jeapordy they'd be weighing in on Warner's behalf . . . but, nary a peep . . .

It implies nothing about rights (in that sense), in any territory. It seems to be talking about actual ownership of the movie as a whole. We'd have to wait for the final judgement to see the exact details, but if it did go that way then it's highly unlikely that the distribution deal with Paramount would stand.

A true nerd always tests the speed of his hotel Internet as soon as he checks in.

From Tim Burton (Producer) - 9

Quote: Aaron @ December 25 2008, 12:19 PM GMT

It implies nothing about rights (in that sense), in any territory. It seems to be talking about actual ownership of the movie as a whole. We'd have to wait for the final judgement to see the exact details, but if it did go that way then it's highly unlikely that the distribution deal with Paramount would stand.

Again, if that were the case wouldn't Paramount be defending their perceived rights?

If it came down to that, they probably would do. I also suspect that they'd have no leg to stand on. We'll see.

Watchmen Director Zack Snyder Wants to Direct "The Dark Knight Returns"

Street Fighter - The Legend of Chun-Li trailer

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 27 2008, 12:04 AM GMT

It would probably be a lot more fun than Chris Nolan's ponderous affairs.

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 27 2008, 12:04 AM GMT

Who doesn't like seeing an elderly Batman beat the snot out of Superman....

EAT IT SUPERMAN! EAT IT!

:D Take it bitch!

Anyone not seen these.

Chad Vader

:) Vader is always good comedy fodder.

I prefer this though... :)

Laughing out loud "Geoff Vader"!!