Status report Page 5,731

Hey all.

Quote: Nogget @ 25th December 2014, 3:50 PM GMT

The big dinner is over, and the swearing and arguing has begun. I've walked out.

My family swears and argues during dinner.

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th December 2014, 7:04 PM GMT

Did you remember to shove some Paxo up its bum ?

I went for the easy way - sausage and bits of stuffing that you cook in the oven. Unfortunately the oven is buggering about these days so the stuffing ended up in the microwave, then under the grill. They all swore it was great but I thought it was shite,also the sprouts which I did according to instruction but ended up too hard for my taste.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 25th December 2014, 8:11 PM GMT

My family swears and argues during dinner.

My Mother just scowls.

I don't have a wider family. Nor does Mr K. They're all dead. But the 4 of us like to remanisce (spelling doesn't look right) about the old days when we had 4 old buggers who liked to fight.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 25th December 2014, 9:10 PM GMT

My Mother just scowls.

What's wrong with people? I mean I don't claim to be the nicest person on earth but at least I'm not looking for fights on festive, even holy occasions.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 25th December 2014, 9:16 PM GMT

What's wrong with people? I mean I don't claim to be the nicest person on earth but at least I'm not looking for fights on festive, even holy occasions.

Couldn't agree more. There have to be some days when you try not to be grumpy.

Looking forward to watching 'Noah' when the servants have finished loading the dishwasher.

Quote: keewik @ 25th December 2014, 9:21 PM GMT

Couldn't agree more. There have to be some days when you try not to be grumpy.

Looking forward to watching 'Noah' when the servants have finished loading the dishwasher.

I get the feeling that Christmas doesn't agree with everyone. My parents departed about 45 minutes ago and I'm now watching the Rik Mayall documentary.

Power cut this morning, right when the Turkey was in the oven! Paranoid about under cooking the meat I ended up over cooking (but not completely ruining) everything. Had dinner at about 7pm. I don't really care about having a Christmas dinner but I'm a carer for my Dad so I have to cook one for his sake.

Put him to bed at 9pm. Just finished washing up. Now watching my new Gregory's Girl Blu ray (Christmas present) with Bill Forsyth/Mark Kermode commentary.

BBC1's Christmas day evening schedule is appalling. Not one thing I'm even vaguely interested in watching.

My dinner went fine. My motber's dog is obsessed with wrapping paper though and kept trying to open all the presents.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 25th December 2014, 9:27 PM GMT

I get the feeling that Christmas doesn't agree with everyone. My parents departed about 45 minutes ago and I'm now watching the Rik Mayall documentary.

I'd rather not do Christmas. I can get a bit depressed around this time of year. If I had kids maybe I'd be a bit more into it. If it were at all practical, I would completely remove myself from Christmas. I'd love to book into a hotel on Christmas eve, switch off my phone and stay there until boxing day.

I have a couple of friends (with less family commitments than me) who have managed to get out of Christmas completely. Lucky sods.

I saw the Rik Mayall doc. Very nice. Skipped over the handful of failed projects, but I think that's fine for a tribute doc for someone who died very recently. Shame Ade didn't want to take part.

I wasn't a big fan of Man Down, but I watched the Christmas special out of curiosity. Quite frankly it was a brilliant Rik Mayall tribute itself. Well done Greg Davies.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 25th December 2014, 10:32 PM GMT

I'd rather not do Christmas. I can get a bit depressed around this time of year. If I had kids maybe I'd be a bit more into it. If it were at all practical, I would completely remove myself from Christmas. I'd love to book into a hotel on Christmas eve, switch off my phone and stay there until boxing day.

Children are great in some ways, my only child has ASD and ADHD and consequently bounces all day long (unless he's medicated)

I have a couple of friends (with less family commitments than me) who have managed to get out of Christmas completely. Lucky sods.

I saw the Rik Mayall doc. Very nice. Skipped over the handful of failed projects, but I think that's fine for a tribute doc for someone who died very recently. Shame Ade didn't want to take part.
[/quote]
Was Ade too distraught to contribute? Personally I found that really odd.

[/quote]

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 25th December 2014, 10:39 PM GMT

Children are great in some ways, my only child has ASD and ADHD and consequently bounces all day long (unless he's medicated)

Was Ade too distraught to contribute? Personally I found that really odd.

I hope your kid enjoyed his/her Christmas. I have the opposite of your child. An old man with Parkinson's who practically moves and thinks in slow motion.

I read an article somewhere that Ade he was asked, but thought a talking heads with clips type documentary wasn't a fitting way to tribute Rik, so declined to be interviewed. I think that's fair enough.

But I'm not quite sure what he thinks would be an appropriate tribute. I hope Ade saw the Man Down Christmas special. Now that was an appropriate Rik Mayall tribute.

Will Cam had an Christmas snooze from 5pm til 8pm and now won't sleep.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 25th December 2014, 10:56 PM GMT

I hope your kid enjoyed his/her Christmas. I have the opposite of your child. An old man with Parkinson's who practically moves and thinks in slow motion.

I read an article somewhere that Ade he was asked, but thought a talking heads with clips type documentary wasn't a fitting way to tribute Rik, so declined to be interviewed. I think that's fair enough.

But I'm not quite sure what he thinks would be an appropriate tribute. I hope Ade saw the Man Down Christmas special. Now that was an appropriate Rik Mayall tribute.

I feel your pain; my soon-to-be note nontenarian MIL is housebound with vascular dementia and my disabled BIL also resides there. Luckily their combined needs quality for live-in support, but there's loads of peripheral stuff to co-ordinate on a daily basis.

Agree that appearing an a festive edition of an anarchic sitcom would be the best way to remember his genius. I thought Lise Mayer was very forgiving of his previous crass behaviour too.