Status report Page 5,618

Quote: Jennie @ 25th April 2014, 7:51 PM BST

Ahem..the contents of this post should not be taken as legal advice, relied upon as such or in any way compromise my professional insurance..

That'll be £300 pounds please. :)

:D
Ahem, methinx in English law a contract must have 'consideration' on both sides & since you have disclaimed that your words are legal advice, you supplied nothing & therefore cannot charge your £300 fee.

Angelic Cool Teary

Quote: billwill @ 26th April 2014, 12:02 PM BST

Ahem, methinx in English law a contract must have 'consideration' on both sides & since you have disclaimed that your words are legal advice, you supplied nothing & therefore cannot charge your £300 fee.

Angelic Cool Teary

Does that chatup line ever work?

Quote: sootyj @ 26th April 2014, 1:56 PM BST

I wouldn't advise using it round the back of a skip in Tipton.

Will Cam is about to have a kip (having spent 5 days at Centerparcs in Cumbria where he overdid the activities).

Quote: sootyj @ 26th April 2014, 9:43 AM BST

Well done, so is it possible to see one of your plays

There have been a few in recent months but nothing now in the foreseeable future and I've only ever been performed once in Wales and then England.

How's the constipation Keewik

Quote: keewik @ 26th April 2014, 4:05 PM BST

There have been a few in recent months but nothing now in the foreseeable future and I've only ever been once in Wales and then England.

Hoots mon

Quote: billwill @ 26th April 2014, 12:02 PM BST

Angelic Cool Teary

The consideration is the advice I gave - the fact I have not termed it "legal advice" does not negate its value.

Consideration must be sufficient but need not be adequate: Chappell v Nestle [1960] AC 87.

Of course, the fact Tuumble never actually agreed to pay me anything is something of a stumbling block, but I plough through regardless. :D

Quote: sootyj @ 26th April 2014, 1:56 PM BST

Legal chat up lines ALWAYS work.

http://survivelaw.com/index.php/blogs/procrastination/765-cheesy-law-pick-up-lines

Only had to use Google twice!

Type 'tilt' into Google

/

Had a good day. Took Hannah back to Aberystwyth Uni today with Tom. Took a detour to the SpaceGuard Centre at Knighton. What a place. It tracks meteors and comets that come close or hit the Earth. Three of us had a guided tour from the guy in charge of the observatory. Nice to know someone is looking out for us. No government funding by the way so they obviously couldn't give a damn! It was a true Geek fest!

Not looking out for us whilst you were getting your personal tour.

Quote: sootyj @ 26th April 2014, 11:35 PM BST

Not looking out for us whilst you were getting your personal tour.

For a start entertaining me is far more important than saving the Earth. Secondly we had in depth discussion about Armageddon and the proper way to deflect an asteroid big enough to destroy the Earth. Coolio!

Quote: roscoff @ 27th April 2014, 12:15 AM BST

For a start entertaining me is far more important than saving the Earth. Secondly we had in depth discussion about Armageddon and the proper way to deflect an asteroid big enough to destroy the Earth. Coolio!

So, how does one deflect said asteroid?

Quote: Oldrocker @ 27th April 2014, 12:19 AM BST

So, how does one deflect said asteroid?

For an asteroid-
Well it's none of the crap on the film. Two ways. A nuclear explosion by the side of the object. Or fly a spacecraft parallel to the object. The explosion will push the object in a different trajectory. The gravitational pull of the craft will pull the object away from it's trajectory. The further out you can do this the less you have to move it. DON'T BLOW IT UP!

For a comet-

Pierce the thin layer of rock on the surface. The underlying pressure of the ice underneath will create a gaseous jet as ice turns to gas in space. Water cannot materialise. This gas jet will change the trajectory. DON'T BLOW IT UP!