Status report Page 4,382

Quote: Gavin @ April 3 2012, 12:44 PM BST

How much is the house?

It's listed at $284,000 but I expect it will sell in the $230,000 range. It has 5 bedrooms and is 3,000 square feet which Google tells me is 278.709 square meters.

Quote: Harridan @ April 3 2012, 12:48 PM BST

My employers are having the decking in the garden power-washed. It's driving my eco-friendly self to distraction seeing how much water is being used!

Isn't water renewable?

Quote: DaButt @ April 3 2012, 12:49 PM BST

It's listed at $284,000 but I expect it will sell in the $230,000 range. It has 5 bedrooms and is 3,000 square feet which Google tells me is 278.709 square meters.

Thats very reasonable it'd be roughly £177,585 in real money, which won't get you much over here.

My employers are having the decking in the garden power-washed. It's driving my eco-friendly self to distraction seeing how much water is being used!

Yeah, it's not like the stuff falls from the sky ... ;)

Power washers are fairly frugal with water. The stream is under very high pressure and there isn't a lot of volume coming out of the wand. It's no worse than watering the yard for a few minutes.

Quote: Gavin @ April 3 2012, 12:49 PM BST

Isn't water renewable?

Well they aren't using sea water, they're using tap water that has to be processed and sanitised before it can be used.

Quote: DaButt @ April 3 2012, 12:51 PM BST

Yeah, it's not like the stuff falls from the sky ... ;)

Power washers are fairly frugal with water. The stream is under very high pressure and there isn't a lot of volume coming out of the wand. It's no worse than watering the yard for a few minutes.

Well he's been at it for 40 minutes already. It looks like a swamp outside just a few days before we have a hosepipe ban because we didn't have enough fall from the sky last winter.

Quote: Harridan @ April 3 2012, 12:53 PM BST

Well they aren't using sea water, they're using tap water that has to be processed and sanitised before it can be used.

I think my water bill is something like $3 per thousand gallons (and that includes the sewer) and I live in the middle of an almost-desert.

Trust me, it's better than if they were using wastewater from their toilets. Sick

Quote: DaButt @ April 3 2012, 12:43 PM BST

For the next 5 weeks, my younger brother and I will be the same age.

Oooh that's pretty cool.

Quote: L.E. @ April 3 2012, 1:23 PM BST

Oooh that's pretty cool.

My parents didn't think so at the time. I was conceived on their honeymoon and by their first wedding anniversary Son Number Two was on his way.

My mother warned my daughter that we were a fertile family; she was pregnant after 6 weeks of marriage.

That is pretty mad!

Least it may get rid of the rats, they don't like showers.

Quote: sootyj @ April 1 2012, 6:25 PM BST

Ouch, sympathy is there anything you can do for the pain?

Quote: dellas @ April 2 2012, 4:47 AM BST

Console Awww so sorry you feel bad AJGO, hope your'e better today.

Heh, thanks for the sympathy. And I was barely fishing!

Was very ow yesterday, better enough to type a bit today, you lucky things Unimpressed

Glad to be home now as it's bloody freezing outside. Snowing on and off all day though it didn't lie. Weird weather - I blame the Government. Angry

Billwill is knackered as he has been plumbing all day.

Quote: billwill @ April 4 2012, 12:51 AM BST

Billwill is knackered as he has been plumbing all day.

The depths ?

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 4 2012, 12:53 AM BST

The depths ?

Heights, Depths, who knows.

Just lots of brass thingies, copper pipe, spanners etc.

By Gum, you don't half have to do them nuts up tight to avoid leaks.

I now have a super duper kitchen tap, in advance of the rest of my kitchen.

Quote: billwill @ April 4 2012, 12:58 AM BST

you don't half have to do them nuts up tight to avoid leaks.

:O

Current status: