Status report Page 4,321

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ February 25 2012, 10:04 PM GMT

Customers just get so pissed off when you even go and take a break for 20 minutes, though. They all act like you're being unreasonable when you serve someone else/go and get some food or something to drink.

Customers tend to get pissed off over everything. I worked for a company that sold only their own brand of clothing and had customers get pissed off with because I couldn't tell where to buy a certain brand or type of shoe that has never been stocked by us.

Sat next to Gyles Brandreth in the theatre today. He seemed to spend the entire play laughing at jokes that weren't there and annoying his wife. What an odd man. Ididn't have a coughing fit, though, so that was good.

Currently lying on a blow up bed in my sister's living room. I'm desperately hoping I don't roll out of bed because her floor is so disgustingly dirty I don't want to come in contact with it! It's like the worst sort of student flat, but she doesn't even realise it's dirty. blech...

Totally shit night, by all considerations! must be some comedy 'copy' in there!

Hope you sleep well within 'parameters'.

Chip's lying in bed ignoring the cats, who are all agitating to be fed.

Quote: chipolata @ February 26 2012, 8:14 AM GMT

They've buggered off to fight on the landing now.

Quote: chipolata @ February 26 2012, 8:20 AM GMT

They've buggered off to fight on the landing now.

Thanks for the update Chip. I for one was very concerned.

I presume the Oscars are yet again not being shown anywhere on UK television?

Quote: zooo @ February 26 2012, 12:33 PM GMT

The free to air station that has the rights in Australia must feeling optimistic. They are broadcasting them live I think for the first time, but not sure it will get many viewers as it's in the middle of the day. Strangley they are reshowing them at night but on a digital channel, where they main demographic is people under 25.

*I'm sure you just couldn't carry on with your day without knowing that. :P

Quote: zooo @ February 24 2012, 1:47 PM GMT

My bus pass is blue.

Why have you got a bus pass? Are you old or a danger to society?

Are they tonight? I'm about 10 miles from Hollywood and the awards always screw up traffic in the area so I'll give them a wide berth.

Who really cares about the Oscars? Most presentation nights are full of fawning, arse-licking sychophants.

Quote: Chappers @ February 26 2012, 3:31 PM GMT

Why have you got a bus pass? Are you old or a danger to society?

Actually it's just a bus pass holder, with my train tickets in. :)

Quote: Chappers @ February 26 2012, 3:36 PM GMT

Who really cares about the Oscars? Most presentation nights are full of fawning, arse-licking sychophants.

I love awards shows. Not because they necessarily mean anything, they're just fun!

Quote: DaButt @ February 26 2012, 3:35 PM GMT

Are they tonight? I'm about 10 miles from Hollywood and the awards always screw up traffic in the area so I'll give them a wide berth.

Yep!

You just like the pretty frocks.

You girl.

They're on on of the Sky Movies channels, bab.

:)

I should go down there and heckle some self-important "stars." Or maybe I'll strip and run naked down the red carpet.

Ha, maybe a bit, especially when they wear something bizarre. It's just fun seeing who tries to make an 'amusing' speech and fails, who trips over and embarrasses themselves, who doesn't show up as some kind of protest, etc.