Status report Page 3,364

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2011, 2:52 PM GMT

I refuse to have the radiator on in my bedroom because it makes me too hot at night.

Much like Aaron??

It's contagious.

I just had a visit from a door-to-door salesman from Sky.

Told him a long bunch of technicalities & he went away bemused.

:D :P Cool Geek

Quote: billwill @ January 22 2011, 4:38 PM GMT

Now he knows how the rest of us feel. ;)

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2011, 4:36 PM GMT

It's contagious.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 22 2011, 4:34 PM GMT

Much like Aaron??

My dad makes up bizarre lies to get rid of salesmen, like he's moving to Barcelona next week so there's not much in changing gas supplier. Rolling eyes

Just pre-ordered season 4 of 30 Rock. I haven't seen any of it, I've been keeping it as a treat for when it was released.

Also picked up a copy of Summer Hights High, which I'm looking forward to watching through again; I think the main guys new American series is on this year.

He is rather moreish, Nil. I'm glad you agree!

:D

:D :P Cool Geek

Good Man Mr Bill!

Spending time with family. Mourning isn't much fun. I'm going to play on the XBox Kinect later.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 22 2011, 6:03 PM GMT

Spending time with family. Mourning isn't much fun. I'm going to play on the XBox Kinect later.

Console

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 22 2011, 6:03 PM GMT

Mourn not his death, that's pretty much the same for everybody, instead celebrate his life;that's different for everybody.

Write a biography of him while the details are still fresh and collect photos of him; so that you will have something to show your children & grand-children in due course.

Quote: chipolata @ January 22 2011, 4:31 PM GMT

Bizarre that low-skilled low-wage jobs go largely to immigrants?

If that was the case then the nail ladies would all be Mexican because we have tens of millions of them in this country.

I don't think the nail workers are poorly paid and I'm pretty sure the salons are owned by the Vietnamese themselves. It appears to be a niche market that a particular nationality has made their own.

My mother's kitchen scales are 43 years old and still work. They're amazing.