Status report Page 3,363

Cheers Weeble!

Quote: bigfella @ January 22 2011, 10:22 AM GMT

Mrs Bigfella about to get nails done.

I just let mine grow, doesn't cost me £28 either.

Is there a specific nationality which does all the nail work in the UK? There's a nail salon on every corner here and 99.9% of them are staffed exclusively by Vietnamese men and women. It's bizarre.

All the ones I see here are white women with orange skin.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2011, 2:17 PM GMT

All the ones I see here are white women with orange skin.

Oompa-Loompas?

Hehe, yep!

They tend to look like the one on the left...

Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoke too soon about that bloke. He's been texting my friend all morning. Ah rejection, I've missed you. Feels like only yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that etc...

Boooo.
Use him to write some material.

I am fecking freeeeeeeeeeeeeezing.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2011, 2:44 PM GMT

I am fecking freeeeeeeeeeeeeezing.

It was 73F/23C yesterday but a cold front came through and it's 29F/-2C at the moment. I need to brew some beer but I may hold off until the afternoon when it's supposed to be back in the 60s again.

It's my own fault. I refuse to have the radiator on in my bedroom because it makes me too hot at night.

So I shall sit here in a blanket and complain. :)

Am trying to buy a copy of Logan's run. But everyone on Amazon is selling it for about £50.
W and indeed T F.
Normally old books are about £3 at most.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 22 2011, 1:24 PM GMT

Another vehicle smashed into me after sliding on ice. Unimpressed

Whistling nnocently Sorry to hear that Nils, sure the Doc didnt prescibe the 'pebbles' that you often indulge in?.

Unfortunately not. And I haven't touched any this year. :P

Quote: DaButt @ January 22 2011, 2:13 PM GMT

Is there a specific nationality which does all the nail work in the UK? There's a nail salon on every corner here and 99.9% of them are staffed exclusively by Vietnamese men and women. It's bizarre.

Bizarre that low-skilled low-wage jobs go largely to immigrants?

Quote: chipolata @ January 22 2011, 4:31 PM GMT

Bizarre that low-skilled low-wage jobs go largely to immigrants?

Not really because the native Brits in general won't work for that level of wage.