Rich Fulcher steals Boosh's thunder every time Page 3

Quote: mixmasterfestus @ October 22 2008, 7:06 PM BST

Aye there's always gonna be some crap in any show (apart from the 1st series of Partridge) but on the whole it was top notch.

I remember watching the episode, in which the supposed Spanish TV people did that big musical number, and being really impressed with how far the quality of the show had risen, since it's early days. The cast was so big, and so talented, it was inevitable it was going to be something special.

So true and of course Ted & Ralph which reached the level of near profundity.

Potato Ted...etc :D

Simon Day was my favourite. I saw him doing stand up, back in '95/'96, and it's still the best show I've ever been to. The theatre was only half full, but everyone in there had tears in their eyes, because they were laughing so much.

He's touring again this year, might be worth checking out :)

Quote: catskillz @ October 22 2008, 7:28 PM BST

Simon Day was my favourite. I saw him doing stand up, back in '95/'96, and it's still the best show I've ever been to. The theatre was only half full, but everyone in there had tears in their eyes, because they were laughing so much.

Christ, he always seems so flat and monotone, and is seemingly unable to break out of that mould. He always seemed the least talented out of the Fast Show lot; and Im including Arabella Weir in that.

I like him, his Jamiroquai piss take was epic.

"Well young lion, if it were up to me, I'd call it Acid Skiffle"

:D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 22 2008, 7:32 PM BST

Christ, he always seems so flat and monotone, and is seemingly unable to break out of that mould. He always seemed the least talented out of the Fast Show lot; and Im including Arabella Weir in that.

He was indeed flat and monotone, but his material was brilliant.

Quote: catskillz @ October 22 2008, 7:28 PM BST

Was that as Tommy Cockles, or a variety of different characters?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 23 2008, 12:59 PM BST

Was that as Tommy Cockles, or a variety of different characters?

He did Tommy Cockles, and Pub know-it-all Billy Bleach. Nowadays, he may well include other characters, e.g. Dave Angel.

I actually think Rich *trying* so hard to upstage Julian and Noel works to both of the latters' advantage because it immediately focusses attention back to their subtleties in constrast to his quite loud, ranting style.