Shane Page 3

Quote: catskillz @ October 7 2008, 10:44 PM BST

Unplanned was terrible. It was stupid, the way they just randomly picked people from the audience, to ask questions. At the very least, they could've got every audience member to write a question on a piece of paper, and chosen the most interesting ones. Instead, they'd often waste what little time they had, talking about the most boring of subjects.

I'm not quite sure you've got the hang of the word 'unplanned' ;)

As it happens, they (allegedly) took the idea off Lee and Herring... a couple of years before Unplanned was on telly, Baddiel and Skinner were in the audience watching Lee and Herring were doing their un-planned show at the Fringe.

Ooh the buggers!

What is it with everyone nicking their material off Lee and Herring?

*cough*PatrickMarber*cough*

Quote: zooo @ October 8 2008, 12:50 AM BST

What is it with everyone nicking their material off Lee and Herring?

Fist of Fun is currently on BBC7 Radio 7, I'm loving it... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b007zmh6/

Lee and Herring were indeed very, very good. One of my favourite things they did, was on T.M.W.R.N.J. (you remember how to say it, don't you?), when they made fun of those people, who, back in the mid-90s, thought they could achieve comedy God status, by simply remininiscing about the 1970s, mentioning spacehoppers, and fondue, etc.

I've never watched it. 'Kay.

Whistling nnocently

I loved Unplanned, t'was great it was.

Unplanned was great and I miss it.

It was never boring, just funny all the time imo.

All of Baddiel and Skinner unplanned are available on ITunes for a couple of quid.

#It'll never work, it'll never wor-rk... :)

Ha. Does anyone else remember those ginger twins that were always in the audience?

Quote: Mark @ October 8 2008, 12:49 AM BST

I'm not quite sure you've got the hang of the word 'unplanned' ;)

As it happens, they (allegedly) took the idea off Lee and Herring... a couple of years before Unplanned was on telly, Baddiel and Skinner were in the audience watching Lee and Herring were doing their un-planned show at the Fringe.

No, it was Skinner's way of getting Baddiel to Edinburgh.

Baddiel wouldn't do anything because he couldn't be bothered, so Skinner suggested just making it up on the spot because DB didn't want to write anything.

Quote: Aaron @ October 8 2008, 1:22 AM BST

I've never watched it. 'Kay.

Whistling nnocently

:D

Just got in from a Frank Skinner talk - again at Cheltenham Literature Festival - in which he says he was never told Shane was too bad for broadcast, but he does feel ITV 'sacked' him by not asking him to sign a new contract. ("How bad does a sitcom need to be to not got shown on ITV" was what he said)

He also was quite scathing of ITV - ("What's ITV 4? Well, people have been saying that for years!")

Quote: Mark @ October 8 2008, 12:52 AM BST

Fist of Fun is currently on BBC7 Radio 7, I'm loving it... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b007zmh6/

I like the episode which stars Dale Winton. That's some funny yoof-radio.

Dale Winton was actually one of the first people in this country to host a Rap battle. I bought an old music magazine, from a second-hand record shop, and there was a big ad in it, for a "Rapping Contest", hosted by a young Winton, who was then a radio presenter, which was going to take place at the start of 1980.