Play And Record

Did anybody go and see this BBC7 show being recorded on Tuesday, or is anybody going next Tuesday?

No. I am boycotting their distinct lack of 'Open Doors' policy.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ September 25 2008, 11:58 AM BST

Dan

That's the spirit!

Didn't you get something in the last series? Or was that RFTP?

Quote: swerytd @ September 25 2008, 11:58 AM BST

Dan

I am boycotting Lindsay Lohan for similar reasons.

I wouldn't mind hearing some Play and Record, I need to exercise my radio-comedy muscle. When's it being broadcast? Any idea?

Quote: Winterlight @ September 25 2008, 8:57 PM BST

That's the spirit!

Didn't you get something in the last series? Or was that RFTP?

Yes, I did. Grrr!

Dan

I wouldn't mind hearing some Play and Record, I need to exercise my radio-comedy muscle. When's it being broadcast? Any idea?

December I think.

Quote: sootyj @ September 25 2008, 9:02 PM BST

I am boycotting Lindsay Lohan for similar reasons.

Nice.

It surely must be coming up time for another open ended submission radio show? It seems ages since the last one.

Oooh. did they use any of my sketches?

It does sound like they are putting it out in December and from what I've heard, there's a vague chance the third series of RFTP might be 'open door'. Or it might not be. Depends on what the new producer wants.

Oooh. did they use any of my sketches?

Don't know Afinkawan. That's exactly what I'm trying to find out too ;)

I had something recorded for it on Tuesday. Where are the recordings actually taking place? How do you get a ticket?

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ September 26 2008, 4:46 PM BST

I had something recorded for it on Tuesday.

How do you know? Have you seen a running order?

I got asked to send a few more sketches which I chose to interpret as "we think you're one of the best sketch writers so submit some more please!" rather than the alternative possible interpretation of "we think you're one of the worst sketch writers so we've generously given you one last chance to send something good".

So hopefully I got some material in.

Afinkawan - I got that email too and decided to come to the same conclusion!

Haven't seen a running order, Afinkawan. I was just lucky in that I met one of the performers (nice bloke btw) and he just happened to be in one of my sketches.

I got that email from RT too. I know one person on that original oh,-this-is-my-competition list who didn't get a follow-up email. Then again, he couldn't think of anything to send in for P + R in the 1st place.