Top 3 Over rated British sitcoms. Page 20

I'm rather intrigued, sooty. Do you find Desmond's sinister and offensive, for its lack of good honest white folk?

Nah they had at least 2 regular white characters, also unlike T&J I found it funny, well acted and nicely scripted.

Did you ever watch one of the best sitcoms Channel 4 ever put on?

Half the time when I write I'm being honest, the other half I'm rehearsing characters for scripts.

Problem is I can no longer remember which is which.

I think this maybe creeping into my daily life.

Quote: Griff @ September 21 2008, 3:45 PM BST

If it doesn't work for Jolanta, well, she's got plenty of other shows to watch, like Balamory

Hey, no knocking Balamory. It is as surreal The Boosh and much, much funnier.

Quote: sootyj @ September 22 2008, 12:42 PM BST

Nah they had at least 2 regular white characters, also unlike T&J I found it funny, well acted and nicely scripted.

I said lack of. Not total absence. Much like there having been non-'WASP', as you've put it, characters popping up in Terry And June.

Perhaps Still Game is a dark, dangerous programme for its lack of English or Welsh characters? Maybe Father Ted disturbs you on a similar level?

But it appears, ultimately, that this comes down to outrageous double-standards as you look for offence and cause to complain in something you personally don't find funny.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 21 2008, 9:46 PM BST

So you were being a twat on purpose.

That implies an element of volition.

Quote: Aaron @ September 22 2008, 12:44 PM BST

I said lack of. Not total absence. Much like there having been non-'WASP', as you've put it, characters popping up in Terry And June.

Perhaps Still Game is a dark, dangerous programme for its lack of English or Welsh characters? Maybe Father Ted disturbs you on a similar level?

But it appears, ultimately, that this comes down to outrageous double-standards as you look for offence and cause to complain in something you personally don't find funny.

Father Ted had a whole China Town.

But they could make a better case for it being germaine to the material.

Plus there is something quite sexy about Miss Hoolie.

Nil By Mouth was funnier than the Boosh.

Christ! Never thought I'd see such heated debate surrounding Terry & June!

Shall we move on to a discussion of The Chuckle Brothers and their influence on the evolution of modern dialectics?

Don't mess with the Chuckle Brothers!

They're the last true clowns on TV, and one of the few gay couples to make to prime time TV.

Quote: Timbo @ September 22 2008, 12:43 PM BST

Surreal? In The Night Garden puts the Dada into da da.

Quote: sootyj @ September 22 2008, 12:55 PM BST

Don't mess with the Chuckle Brothers!

They're one of the few gay couples to make to prime time TV.

Oh dear God.

You've obviously never seen their Gaydar TV show,

"From me up you"

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ September 22 2008, 12:58 PM BST

Surreal? In The Night Garden puts the Dada into da da.

Laughing out loud

Oh sooty, after discussing the show elsewhere this evening, I have remembered that Terry and June had a grown up son. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the point of the show was that they were alone for the first time after 18+ years.

So that's about 80% of your extremely weak argument gone in one go. :)

Really? I must have tuned out, the hypnotically banal scripts would do that.

Either that or was over taken by a deep wish to be watching Reginald Perrin, or Rising Damp.

I some how remember the episode where June became a punk as being particularly dreadful.

Apro po of nothing saw an ingenious Benny Hill sketch about Tales of the Unexpected.

I always thought he was a highly talented comic, and a genuine shame he got dumped.