Top three US sitcoms that can just f off Page 3

I've always liked US sitcoms, but then again, we tend to only get the best of the bunch.
At their best, they are clever, cynical, fast and very witty and some of them are all-time classics in my opinion. Shows such as MASH,Taxi, Soap, Benson, Cheers, Frasier, etc etc etc, were a complete breath of fresh air to UK audiences.
My current faves are My Name Is Earl and Back To You.

Quote: Finck @ September 10 2008, 1:02 PM BST

So I'm a girl now. Thank you. :)

It scares me that you remember what I've written in my posts long after I've forgotten them. This might well prove that you are indeed German. :)

Also, on hated American sitcoms. Sabrina the Teenage Witch has always annoyed me, mainly because of that f**king annoying animatronic cat. Although Sabrina was quite hot.

Quote: Aaron @ September 10 2008, 1:21 PM BST

Oh now, I loved Just Shoot Me. Years since I've seen any though. They don't show it anymore. Boo hiss.

Huh? It was Channel 4 this very morn!

Oh I very rarely watch that shitty channel. Especially at that Godforsaken time.

Oh god, I hate My Name Is Earl!!

Why am I supposed to care about thick, white trash idiots again?

Agreed. I just about managed to sustain interest through season one, but as I think I've said previously, more out of curiosity than anything else.

Quote: zooo @ September 10 2008, 1:50 PM BST

I like My Name Is Earl, not least because of how hot Catalina is. And it's worth watching just to see if you can spot a Scientology subtext.

Do you only watch things because they have hot girls in?!

(Yes, judging from your posts today)

;)

Quote: zooo @ September 10 2008, 5:21 PM BST

Do you only watch things because they have hot girls in?!

This from the girl who'd watch david Tennant painting a shed if they stuck it on telly. :)

Also, couldn't you say the same about a show like The Royale Family?

Yes I could, and sometimes do. :)
The difference is that I sometimes find the Royle Family amusing, so I can forgive the trash thing.

Quote: chipolata @ September 10 2008, 5:25 PM BST

This from the girl who'd watch david Tennant painting a shed if they stuck it on telly. :)

But that's an illness! I can't be held responsible for my Tennant addiction.

It was just unfortunate that the last three comments I read by you were along the lines of "I love this show, 'cause there's loads of fit birds in it..."

Quote: chipolata @ September 10 2008, 1:29 PM BST

It scares me that you remember what I've written in my posts long after I've forgotten them. This might well prove that you are indeed German. :)

I made a list in order to keep my resentment reasonable. So far it's only you on there.

Which doesn't mean that I don't find you sexually attractive. :)

Laughing out loud

Also, couldn't you say the same about a show like The Royale Family?

Yes. And that's not funny either.

Royle*

Quote: Ian G @ September 10 2008, 1:22 PM BST

.... and Back To You.

NOOOOOO Ian Noooooo! That ranks as one of the worst sitcoms I have ever watched. If not number one than at least #2. The only reason I didn't have it as the most overrated was because I didn't think anyone actually liked it since it was supposed to be canceled.
If there is one sitcom I wish that would just "F**k Off" it would be Back to You. So unfunny it makes me angry.

Why care about irrascible Torquay hoteliers or annoying managers in Slough? One of the joys of sitcom is that it engages our sympathies with the most flawed of characters.

Earl has lost its way a bit, but in the first series the scripts were brilliantly constructed and laugh out loud funny. It also succeeded in being uplifting without being sickeningly sentimental.

One of my top three, along with The Phil Silvers Show and Becker.

Well that's what I'm saying, not very well. I do care about Basil - cos he's hilarious. I don't care about Earl, cos he doesn't even make me laugh. At all.