Russell Brand Page 5

It's interesting to see how his comedy/career has changed over the years. He started off as a decent commentator who didn't take himself too seriously yet was still very articulate. Then he moved into hollywood and lost himself, then he returned and seemed kind of angry and overly-political. Since then he became a father and mellowed and now still does comedy but is also a bit more of a general commentator yet again. I think basically he's gone full circle but has clearly matured along the way. Anyway, he seems a nice enough guy.
I found this link as well, he trains martial arts now and seems genuinely happy with his life which is good to see considering his troubled past. https://bjjtribes.com/russell-brand-on-the-meaning-behind-his-blue-belt-and-the-benefits-of-brazilian-jiu-jitsu/

My one hope is that he gets back to stand up though at some point in the future. I remember watching his netflix special a few years back about fatherhood and it was some of his best work so fair play to him.

Dispatches: Russell Brand In Plain Sight, 9PM tonight, Channel 4.

Why are you promoting it exactly, or has he accosted you? I find this lust for cancelling people quite disturbing and very distasteful. There'll soon be no celebrities working except Anne Widdicombe and I'm sure her time will come too as a Christian conservative. Can't people just ignore it and get on with their own lives? It's really distasteful wanting to see people in public life being destroyed.

Have a read of this. He's disgusting. https://archive.ph/nS2wu (The new Brand article without a paywall.)

I won't, because that is my point - I'm not interested in revelling in someone's dirty life, nor in seeing someone successful brought down, guilty or not. There are plenty of unknowns out there who'll never be tried for similar alleged crimes, but this well known person will be guilty before he gets to court, because of his fame.

If you refuse to read it, I suggest you stop publicly spewing your opinion of it. You can't have both!

Disgusting maybe but they go to the media - not the law.
Rape in any country is a long jail sentence,

There a big questionable holes in their stories.

I'm not defending him, I think he's an odious prat with bullshit theories.
But 'rape....

Have you read the entire article?

Hardly any rapes end in a conviction, the whole process is endlessly humiliating for the victim, and frankly lately it's often been the police doing the raping. I would never judge anyone for not going to the police.

Quote: zooo @ 16th September 2023, 8:45 PM

If you refuse to read it, I suggest you stop publicly spewing your opinion of it. You can't have both!

I think you're allowing yourself to get personal, based on some of my posts which are mostly a concoction in a chosen guise I happen to find amusing, but isn't me, except on general left right politics. I've never been accused of being anything but decent to and even honourable to women and I've never taken advantage of one. I'd be saying exactly the same thing if the person about to be brought down was a woman, infact I'd probably find it more distasteful.

Is he about to be brought down? I doubt it. The fanbase he now makes his money off will just see this as an establishment plot to bring down a man who was getting too close to the truth (in fact I believe that's the line he's already pushing). Sadly this will probably.make him more popular with the loons who follow him.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th September 2023, 8:07 PM

Why are you promoting it exactly, or has he accosted you? I find this lust for cancelling people quite disturbing and very distasteful. There'll soon be no celebrities working except Anne Widdicombe and I'm sure her time will come too as a Christian conservative. Can't people just ignore it and get on with their own lives? It's really distasteful wanting to see people in public life being destroyed.

Promoting it? What an odd stance to take. This is a discussion forum.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th September 2023, 8:52 PM

Disgusting maybe but they go to the media - not the law.
Rape in any country is a long jail sentence

Are you serious? The conviction rate for rape is disgustingly low.

Either way, it's a trial by TV by anonymous people.
The sensationalism of a serious crime without hard proof.

Why have not one of them gone to the police?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th September 2023, 9:53 PM

Why have not one of them gone to the police?

Ridiculous that anyone would need to ask that in 2023.

Ridiculous you say. So going on a TV show a decade later is better.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 17th September 2023, 7:43 AM

Ridiculous that anyone would need to ask that in 2023.

That, itself, is a ridiculous statement. And so very elitist. What do you think anyone assaulted (or has any sort of crime committed against them) by someone not in the public consciousness has to do?