Comedy Lab - 2008 Series Page 8

Quote: Aaron @ August 21 2008, 11:46 PM BST

Comparitively, you're almost John Cleese.

Ha!! :D

Nothing to do with your sketches mister C but for me I don't really get a show for adults, re screening time, acted by kids. The eyebrow little kid was brill but.. I just don't know. The girls were older and.. I dont know, something a bit hinky about it all. I guess I didn't get the underlying conceit. What was the 'pitch' do you reckon?

Quote: Marc P @ August 21 2008, 11:47 PM BST

Nothing to do with your sketches mister C but for me I don't really get a show for adults, re screening time, acted by kids. The eyebrow little kid was brill but.. I just don't know. The girls were older and.. I dont know, something a bit hinky about it all. I guess I didn't get the underlying conceit. What was the 'pitch' do you reckon?

No idea. I just think the kids thing was a hook.

The kids already exist as a comedy troupe thingy. They weren't brought together just for this show.

Quote: zooo @ August 21 2008, 11:48 PM BST

The kids already exist as a comedy troupe thingy. They weren't brought together just for this show.

That's true. They were a big Fringe hit last year.

I had heard somewhere that the show was supposed to be about how kids view adults, but I don't see how that would work if it was adults penning the show. Maybe I misread though.

Quote: Seefacts @ August 21 2008, 11:47 PM BST

Ha!! :D

You can use that in promo material, if you'd like? ;)

Quote: Winterlight @ August 21 2008, 11:49 PM BST

I had heard somewhere that the show was supposed to be about how kids view adults, but I don't see how that would work if it was adults penning the show. Maybe I misread though.

There is a similar show coming out PENNED by kids I think. It might be that you're thinking of?

Quote: Winterlight @ August 21 2008, 11:38 PM BST

The thing I didn't get with the kids is... why not just do it with adults?

Unique Selling Point.

The precocious talent of the kids buys good will from the audience, or at least that section of the audience that enjoys watching precocious kids behaving like adults.

Yeah once maybe, but if that is all the USP is, it a bit bollocks and actually a bit worrying.

Yes I do wonder whether it can sustain a series in an adult slot.

Didn't Channel 4 once air (back in the 80's) that very bizarre show of toddlers dressed up in adult's clothes dancing to pop music?

Quote: Winterlight @ August 21 2008, 11:56 PM BST

Didn't Channel 4 once air (back in the 80's) that very bizarre show of toddlers dressed up in adult's clothes dancing to pop music?

Mini Pops. Not quite the same.

Ha! No, I guess not.

Quote: Winterlight @ August 21 2008, 11:56 PM BST

Yes, but I do not think there is much comparison. I did not see a paedo appeal angle here. But it is a bit depressing that most of the material has an adult element, and is presumably intended to shock coming from the mouths of babes.