Comedy Lab - 2008 Series

Oh look! This Thursday sees the start of a new batch of Comedy Lab episodes.

The first show, School of Comedy, features some sketches by BSG's very own Seefacts!

I don't know too much about the show, but all the actors are children.

One thing that has caught my eye about the show is that it features a 'sexually repressed 1930s couple' which, in my opinion, is ripe for comedy.

Ah, that's got Will Poulter from Son Of Rambow in. Funny kid.

Hey, nice one Seefacts! I hope it goes well, but that's a great achievement regardless!

Quote: Winterlight @ August 19 2008, 4:08 PM BST

Oh look! This Thursday sees the start of a new batch of Comedy Lab episodes.

The first show, School of Comedy, features some sketches by BSG's very own Seefacts!

I don't know too much about the show, but all the actors are children.

One thing that has caught my eye about the show is that it features a 'sexually repressed 1930s couple' which, in my opinion, is ripe for comedy.

The show has got some great bits, and don't be put off by the fact kids are involved. They're really good in it, the show looks great.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ August 19 2008, 4:16 PM BST

Ah, that's got Will Poulter from Son Of Rambow in. Funny kid.

I met him at C4 HQ, he's a nice guy. Gave me the whole 'You're so funny, your sketches were great, we all wanted to be in those ones'. I'm just some scruffy bloke standing awkwardly in the corner, it was a bit surreal.

Quote: Griff @ August 19 2008, 4:17 PM BST

Considering my occasional wars with Seefacts this may sound unbelievably insincere but - good luck Seefacts! I hope the sketches come across well and are what you hoped. Have you seen the footage yet or are you as much in the dark as the rest of us?

I've seen it yeah. I saw it filmed live, then went to a C4 screening in the little cinema under their HQ.

Obviously I'll be watching as it goes out, then burning 50 DVDs and forcing them on people in the street.

Oh and THANKS Griff!

Quote: Seefacts @ August 19 2008, 5:44 PM BST

I met him at C4 HQ, he's a nice guy. Gave me the whole 'You're so funny, your sketches were great, we all wanted to be in those ones'. I'm just some scruffy bloke standing awkwardly in the corner, it was a bit surreal.

Crawler.

So which sketches are Seefacts? Just so we can keep an eye out. Also, Real Name?

His real name is Peter Sutcliffe.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 19 2008, 6:09 PM BST

So which sketches are Seefacts? Just so we can keep an eye out. Also, Real Name?

I'm not going to say just yet, I'll keep it a surprise.

I'll keep my name back too, though it's known on here I'm Tom.

I'm going to do a little thread in Discussion about my sketch scripts and what got changed etc just so people can see how it works.

Cool. Hope it goes well. Congrats anyway.

Cheers Tom*, look forward to that. Congrats, will be watching.

*Didn't you even keep your name secret in 'Meet the Writers'? Mysterious.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 19 2008, 8:48 PM BST

Cheers Tom*, look forward to that. Congrats, will be watching.

*Didn't you even keep your name secret in 'Meet the Writers'? Mysterious.

Ha, I did but I didn't know that The Big Buss Man would be using real names later as Leevil did mine. So now I look an arse who demands an alias, like Batman.

Remind us lots on Thursday!!!
I'm bound to forget, and I don't want to.

Quote: zooo @ August 19 2008, 8:53 PM BST

Remind us lots

Oh, believe me . . .

:D

I've set myself up for a fall, so I'll say now it's 2 sketches and it's part of a set (third part didn't make the cut) so it's one joke really . . .

AND! The second one got a edited and includes a line or two not from my pen. But I'll go into that on Thursday.

That's lucky, you can blame them if it all goes pear shaped. :D