Not Going Out - Series 3 Page 32

Quote: Andrew Collins @ February 18 2009, 10:13 AM GMT

Easy. It's Lucy's flat. She bought it at the beginning of Series One from Tim, who previously owned it with his girlfriend Kate. Lee is the lodger. (Lucy runs her own recruitment business and was previously in Zurich, where she made a fortune and returned home.) We wanted to make the new "love interest" a high-status character, so Lee would have even higher to aim for after Kate, who was more modest: she worked for a feminist publisher.

Yeah I got confused and thought the flat was Lee's for some reason. But yeah, thanks for clearing it up. :)

Now about that open door...

I suppose I'm being massively dim, but I only just realised that "Not Going Out" refers to the fact that Lucy (or the chick in series one) and Lee are not going out with each other. The theme music is really rather misleading.

Quote: Andrew Collins @ February 18 2009, 10:13 AM GMT

Easy. It's Lucy's flat. She bought it at the beginning of Series One from Tim

*cough*

Series Two. ;)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 18 2009, 1:50 PM GMT

I suppose I'm being massively dim, but I only just realised that "Not Going Out" refers to the fact that Lucy (or the chick in series one) and Lee are not going out with each other. The theme music is really rather misleading.

Strange, given it was specially written.

I just re-watched episode 2. It really is an absolute comedy masterclass!

"Hey Hitler, can you save us money on our car insurance?"

Quote: Badge @ February 17 2009, 1:43 AM GMT

The hundreds and thousands.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I think Lucy actually lets Lee off with the rent because in one episode of a previous series she and Tim refer to him as a 'squatter' and remark on the fact that he never pays his rent. Perhaps she just lets him off because he's just so damn lovable. :D :D Lovey

Oh, and on the topic of northern gags, I find them hilarious and, being a northerner myself Whistling nnocently , usually very true!

"I can't be dad, I'm only 39"
"You're from up North, you should be a Grandad by now!"

Oh how we laughed Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I loved the line "They're lesbians...not Kosovans" in last week's show.

First few episodes of the new series have been unbelievably good.

Whilst we're on the subject of the door... in an earlier post I 'promised' said door would be seen closed on at least one occasion during the next episode. As I've just spotted this week's episode isn't the one I thought it was going to be... I lied. Whistling nnocently Looks like you'll have to wait another week. :P

Quote: Rustle T Davis @ February 20 2009, 2:40 PM GMT

Whilst we're on the subject of the door... in an earlier post I 'promised' said door would be seen closed on at least one occasion during the next episode. As I've just spotted this week's episode isn't the one I thought it was going to be... I lied. Whistling nnocently Looks like you'll have to wait another week. :P

I'm glad you said that now, otherwize I'd have spent the whole episode looking out for that! I get distracted enough by the door anyway! :P
I don't mind the door being open when someone is about to walk in (with hilarious consequencies, obviously!), but if you watch some scenes it's just open in the background and nothing ever comes of it! Maybe they are just lulling us into a false sense of security?! Having said all that, the door being open doesn't bother me really.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode. Sounds like a good one.

Quote: Lindyloop @ February 20 2009, 3:08 PM GMT

Having said all that, the door being open doesn't bother me really.

I never even noticed it was left open until Aaron mentioned it on here. He's paying the price now. Cool

So what do you think?

They threw away all that food - and they could've let us have it!

Another great episode tonight.
However my favourite one so far from this series is still the disability one.

I definitely need to catch up on the episodes I haven't seen from the first two series.

Thought the episode was a bit weak tonight. Too many "28 years old I was..ahh" type gags.

And is this series going to end with Lee getting arrested for stalking?

I'm finding it very hard to buy in to the Lee/Lucy potential relationship, when Lee gets obsessively weirder by the episode. Trying to stop her turning lesbian, searching through her phone, ringing her contacts...wanking in her bath...

Yeah, there were a few 'lazy' jokes. And yes, Lee IS getting a bit obsessive.

I think there's more to this show than 'Tim is middle-class' 'Lee is northern'. I'd like to see more heart. I know Mack is geared towards joke-joke-joke and having a big list of gag writers also means the jokes might outweigh the 'character' moments, but there's still room for some some more heart I think.

And, nicked from another forum: Only two sets again. Wonder why?

I don't mind the joke-joke-joke set up, that is what I love about this show, but if they are going to attempt to add an emotional connection in, which is clear they want to, then I think they have to make Lee less obsessive and stalker-ish because he just comes across as a sleaze.

My favourite episode this series was the disability one because it was just pure, silly fun with good gags. They didn't have Lee snooping through Lucy's drawers (as in chest of, although I wouldn't put it past him) or anything like that.