What I said to the Vicar was....... Page 2

Wave Hello!

Fantabulosa was a fascinating look at Kenneth Williams, but quite sad and difficult to watch. Was it a good adaptation of his diaries? (I have not read them).

Great thread title. Mine was Hello People! so yours beats mine hands down.

Welcome! :D

I don't think I made welcome thread...

Quote: Charly @ July 29 2008, 6:48 PM BST

Great thread title. Mine was Hello People! so yours beats mine hands down.

Thank you, It was a bit daunting seeing that people had come up with quite imaginative and clever titles but I just took inspiration from what Barbara Windsor said Kenneth Williams said in restaurants to get peoples' attention, that being 'What I said to the Vicar was.' Amazing where inspiration, or just the chance to copy, comes from . :D

I didn't do one Errr oops. Just get stuck in :)

*High fives Nil*

Quote: JuliaC @ July 29 2008, 6:41 PM BST

Wave Hello!

Fantabulosa was a fascinating look at Kenneth Williams, but quite sad and difficult to watch. Was it a good adaptation of his diaries? (I have not read them).

I loved Fantabulosa. :(

*High fives Scatters*

Quote: JuliaC @ July 29 2008, 6:41 PM BST

Wave Hello!

Yere, very sad and a great insight into the troubled comedians life. You get many 'Carry On' fans that hate 'Fantabulosa' because it is tradgic and sad and doesn't show the laughter that Kenneth brang to many peoples' lives and associates a darker edge that in their eyes should be forgotten and pushed away as it is not what they think the 'Carry On's or its cast are about. I should know as I've had a 4 page long argument on the 'Carryonline' forums about it. However, In my view the director has taken the diaries and because they are diaries they are not always saying how much he himself made people laugh but concentrates more on personal things, and the drama shows those details very well. Also, In my opinion the director has recongnised that everyone knows that Kenneth Williams brought much laughter to people, but not always so aware of the tradgedy of his personal life, unfulfilled in terms of his career and frustrations.
There are also remarkably few accuracy errors, I only spotted a few but I'm sure no on wants me to say them all.

Welcome Farleigh. Still in full time education eh? You can add to this sites burgeoning teenage contingent!

The coup! The coup!

Quote: PhQnix @ July 29 2008, 7:52 PM BST

Welcome Farleigh. Still in full time education eh? You can add to this sites burgeoning teenage contingent!

Teenagers arn't all that bad are they?

Quote: Farleigh @ July 29 2008, 8:05 PM BST

Teenagers arn't all that bad are they?

I generally find them to be quite annoying. But not all of them. You might be one of the good ones. Wave

He's a teenager too, Farleigh! Elliot's just winding you up. :P I think...?

Quote: PhQnix @ July 29 2008, 8:09 PM BST

I generally find them to be quite annoying. But not all of them. You might be one of the good ones. Wave

What would you class as a 'good one'?

Quote: Farleigh @ July 29 2008, 8:11 PM BST

What would you class as a 'good one'?

I'm quite a good one. In fact the few teens who post here are fantastic people, so you must be too! Wahey!