My turn

Greetings.

Another Britcom fan from across the pond.

Like 25 million other Americans, I too am a distant relative of Queen Elizabeth, so I'm sure that this entitles me to some sort of priviledge here. Smarmy

My introduced to Britsh humour started back in the 70's with Monty Python. Michael Palin as Atilla the Hun with Mrs. Atilla Hun.

I watched Benny Hill on occasion but I preferred Dave Allen at Large. (I do remember a Benny Hill skit were he portrayed Dave Allen).

For a long time I rolled my eyes at Doctor Who as being cheesy eventually started watching it when Peter Davidson took over. Later I discovered Tom Baker. The local PBS station that aired the Doctor showed each series in it's entirely on Saturday afternoons. That lead to me watching Britcoms.

The favourites I own on DVD are: Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Mulberry, Red Dwarf, Monty Python and The Young Ones. (I also have The Prisoner).

I've appreciated Felcity Kendal's bottom for years after seeing The Good Life.

Other favorites I have watched are: As Time Goes By, May to December, Vicor of Dibley, Piglet Files and Butterflies.

Hello! Wave

Heeeeylo! Wave

Wotcha.

Quote: Aaron @ July 23 2008, 6:50 PM BST

Hello! Wave

Welcome ScubaBOS Wave
Some great comedies in that there list!

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the ride!

Quote: ScubaBOS @ July 23 2008, 6:41 PM BST

Other favorites I have watched are: As Time Goes By, May to December, Vicor of Dibley, Piglet Files and Butterflies.

Welcome Scuba - but you MUST be able to do better than that!

Quote: ScubaBOS @ July 23 2008, 6:41 PM BST

I've appreciated Felcity Kendal's bottom for years after seeing The Good Life.

I wrote to it once, but it never replied with the signed photo I asked for.

Welcome Wave

Hello and welcome! Wave

Quote: David Chapman @ July 24 2008, 1:43 AM BST

Welcome Scuba - but you MUST be able to do better than that!

Sadly our choices are somewhat limited.
I did get new cable service back in December that includes BBC America, but I have't taken the time to watch it.