Miscast main characters Page 2

Quote: Griff @ July 23 2008, 11:13 AM BST

The entire cast of Men Behaving Badly except for Martin Clunes.

No! They were all great!

(Believe us Lesley you silly girl!)

Quote: Jolanta Zofia Nowak @ July 24 2008, 8:40 PM BST

I'm surprised that so many people actually thought Eric Sykes suited the roles he wrote - it just goes to show that people's perceptions are different. I thought he was ill at ease as an actor and none too good at delivery/timing.

Bearing in mind that he was stone deaf I think he did partucularly well.

Mind you, speaking as someone who could never understand what people saw in June Whitfield, a comedienne who outlasted other sitcom performers several times over, my perception MUST definitely be up the spout...

Agreed

Quote: chipolata @ July 23 2008, 11:08 AM BST

Chris Addison in Lab Rats. Lightweight and out of his depth.

I think he's the best thing in it.

Quote: Griff @ July 23 2008, 11:13 AM BST

The entire cast of Men Behaving Badly except for Martin Clunes.

Wow, I've never even thought of that before, but I might agree with you.

I still really enjoy watching old repeats of it, but you're right!

I don't know if I'd be so hard on Neil Morrisey and Lesley Ash, but Caroline Quentin I could definitely agree with. Some of MBB was ok as she had a script, but on Whose Line she was never funny. Ever.:(

She was always outshone when paired with Josie Lawrence.

I think definitely Leslie Ash didn't quite fit in Men Behaving Badly. not that she was bad, at all.

Bugger, I spelt Leslie wrong. How annoying. Rolling eyes

I thought she was ok, and Neil Morrisey was perfect as her idiot-next-door.

I thought Caroline and Martin worked well together, actually.

It might just be that I really don't like Caroline Quentin. I'm not really sure why though...

Quote: JuliaC @ July 25 2008, 5:28 PM BST

It might just be that I really don't like Caroline Quentin. I'm not really sure why though...

Because she's fat?

Quote: Alan C @ July 24 2008, 10:06 PM BST

Agreed

With what? The opinion or the fact that her perception is up the spout?

I'm firmly with the latter !

;)

Mind you, speaking as someone who could never understand what people saw in June Whitfield, a comedienne who outlasted other sitcom performers several times over, my perception MUST definitely be up the spout...

Apparently she was a model professional. She could learn her lines and interpret them brilliantly.

Quote: David Chapman @ July 26 2008, 12:10 AM BST

Apparently she was a model professional. She could learn her lines and interpret them brilliantly.

Is,is,is,is - the old dear's not shuffled off the mortal coil just yet

Quote: catskillz @ July 24 2008, 9:46 PM BST

You can't get more miscast, than the little Indian bloke in After You've Gone, playing a Pub Landlord.

His character always confuzzles me. One episode he is quite clever, and the next he can be just as slow as that Kev chappie.

Quote: Huge Bear @ July 26 2008, 1:24 AM BST

Is,is,is,is - the old dear's not shuffled off the mortal coil just yet

But one day this'll be right.

Quote: JuliaC @ July 25 2008, 5:28 PM BST

I never liked her either. I didn't like the way she dumped Paul Merton once she had made it, but I don't know if that's why. She's just got something about her that bugs me.