New at the box office

I created this thread so that I would stop making threads for new movies I had seen and wanted to talk about. Soooooooooooooo...

Batman Dark Knight: A+
It was ridiculously good. I loved it. You can read shit loads of good reviews so I won't dwell on it but MAN it had me enthralled the entire time.

Hellboy 2 the Golden Army: A+ I loved it too! For those who miss the days of character driven fantasy you'll be in for a treat. I can't wait to watch it again!

Wall-E: A+. I thought it was some of Pixar's best work.

Get Smart: B. Very funny, everyone I went with laughed a lot.

You can say what you like about Curt, but he certainly goes to the cinema.

The same could be said of Hitler, Stalin, and Fred West.

Not high praise exactly.

I saw No Country for Old Men.

Deeply over rated in my view.

Has anyone seen Hancock (Will Smith)? Any good?

Quote: Curt @ July 21 2008, 2:40 AM BST

!

Wall-E: A+. I thought it was some of Pixar's best work.

Really? Really the best? Okay - graphics were great, but for my 9 year old brother he was bored as hell after the first hour. I was too.

Quote: EllieJP @ July 21 2008, 10:27 AM BST

Really? Really the best? Okay - graphics were great, but for my 9 year old brother he was bored as hell after the first hour. I was too.

Really? I was really holding high hopes for it :( I'm a Pixar nut love all their stuff. Is it better then Monsters Inc? which for me is tehir weakest film so far

There is no interaction for the first hour of the film. It's something that yes...okay... it's different... but I won't watch it again. Where as with Shrek, Toy Story etc I can watch again and again.

Quote: Gavin @ July 21 2008, 10:32 AM BST

Really? I was really holding high hopes for it :( I'm a Pixar nut love all their stuff. Is it better then Monsters Inc? which for me is tehir weakest film so far

Heretic! I hope Sully sneaks in your room tonight, and rapes and murders you, at the same time.

Quote: EllieJP @ July 21 2008, 10:33 AM BST

There is no interaction for the first hour of the film. It's something that yes...okay... it's different... but I won't watch it again. Where as with Shrek, Toy Story etc I can watch again and again.

Toy Story is one of Pixars Best. Finding Nemo is a fantastic film its in my top 10 favourite films ever.

I'm intrigued to watch it now :) Might go to the flicks tonight...Oh but Batman...mmm and I got Kung fu Panda to watch tonight...so much to see

Quote: Sofa_Matt @ July 21 2008, 10:14 AM BST

First half is great, funny and thought-provoking - starting to become a movie classic, then second half is the exact opposite - brainless and trying to cram a load of unnecessary and 'trying to be serious, but actually makes no sense' plot.

Overall, good fun, but don't expect anything more than that.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ July 21 2008, 12:17 PM BST

First half is great, funny and thought-provoking - starting to become a movie classic, then second half is the exact opposite - brainless and trying to cram a load of unnecessary and 'trying to be serious, but actually makes no sense' plot.

Overall, good fun, but don't expect anything more than that.

Like I am Legend? First half was brilliant second half was not so.

Yeah, exactly the same, good call.

Just watched Kung Fu Panada.

Ye alright, worth a watch first half is quite funny I suppose then it goes a little daft but there we are expected nothing.

Best bit was first 5 mins which was just like Samurai Jack.

Quote: Sofa_Matt @ July 21 2008, 10:14 AM BST

Is it as funny as the original?

Will just doesn't deliver the 'that's an armful' line with quite the same panache.