Hello to everyone!

Hi,my name is Mano and I am now living in Spain for the past 2 years and although I am Spanish by birth I was raised and educated in Brazil,South Africa and Namibia,most of my life in South Africa a country which I truly love.

My family,Cheryl my wife and Bianca our daughter,thoroughly enjoy British sitcoms and if we could we would be living in the Uk and not in Spain,not only for the sitcoms but for the way of living which I know is very similar to to that in South Africa as this is an ex British colony,everything is so much different here,our staying here has been a total cultural shock,but we go on and hope that one day we can go and work and live in the UK.

I am glad to be a member of this forum and hope that I can meet great people here,will try and assist where I can and enjoy meeting friendly people.

What I can offer is information and assistance to anyone whom wishes to travel to any of the mentioned countries where I was raised,also any other country in Africa which is in the southern hemisphere as I have travelled and visited all of them,including Mexico,Malaysia,Morroco,Madeira Islands and Portugal

See you inside and all of the very best to everyone!

Mano

well that is a very good intro, and i am very pleased to meet you, you certainly have travelled in your life, out of all the countries you have been to, which has the best comedy?
ow and welcome to the site, everyone is friendly and you will fit right in

Hi Mano

Enjoy the site. We are all very friendly ;)

You don't want to live here: it's not very warm and the tax is too high :)

Dan

Welcome Mano,
Don't flee S.Africa for these shores too quickly, as Dan says the weathers terrible!
Have fun here - it's a great site.
Andy

Hi!!
Lewisroberts : In all honesty and in my opinion the best comedies are the British,although the Spanish comedies are also great but having a English cultural background I am more "at home" with the British comedies.

Dan - swerytd:I have lived all my life in warm tropical countries and enjoy the cold weather more,as for the taxes my friend,they are high everywhere!!....I enjoy cold and rainy weather,it;s a big change,when very hot one can only take off so much,but when cold one can dress up warm.

Andy W.: I would be living in good old South Africa right now if I could my friend,but the family feel safer here as crime was increassing considerably down there,but then again there is more population in the world and crime is on the increase everywhere,here in Spain life has changed drastically and crime here is now perhaps just as bad as in South Africa or worse,the saying of out of the hot oil and into the fire applies quite well.

Thanks for the most warm welcome and I am sure I will enjoy some good time chatting with all of you.

So it's all over to yours for a writing's meeting is it?

Baumski - I don't really understand your question my friend,could you please explain.

He's trying to make a joke about going to Spain 'for a meeting' (i.e. just an excuse to get to a warmer climate). I think.

Anyway, welcome to the site. :)

Quote: Aaron @ February 17, 2007, 12:50 AM

He's trying to make a joke about going to Spain 'for a meeting' (i.e. just an excuse to get to a warmer climate).

Yes, sorry for being so vague but because the whether is so miserable and wet over here in the UK right now, I thought where you lived sounded an infinitely better place to do some work. I feel kind of silly now for ever bringing it up. Sincere apologies and welcome to the group.

Hi Aaron and thanks for the welcome.
Actually that myth where Spain is sunny all year round I think is actually over rated,perhaps in the south there is a bit more of a "African" weather than here in the north,but I live in the region north west of Sapin known as Galicia (the Gaelic region) and our sunny days here are only during 2 or 3 months of the year,but those 2 or 3 months are really great!!

During the whole year it's rainy.overcast and cold and the people are the same as the weather,but those 2 or 3 months are the best,even the general public seem to energise and one hardly sleeps as there are "fiestas" all over,any excuse for a good "booze up" and to dance in the streets,all quite legal and fun.....but only for a limited time.

Baumski - no need to apologise my friend,I do understand the feeling but just an advise, from a friend to a friend - enjoy the most of what you have where ever you are in the world and if you are at home with your family and friends,even better!!!.....you do have the advantage of having them all around you,I have travelled and made friends all over the world,my friends are distant and far,now here I am making new ones and you are all most welcome to come over any time,I will see to it that you do enjoy every minute of your stay here,as I do imagine you would all make me feel very "at home" in your place.

A last advice for all of you whom do consider coming to Spain some or other time on holidays:

The southern parts of Spain are over exploited because of the foreign tourism,everything is priced sky high,where as all the Spanish population tend to come to the north for a cheaper holiday,better food and a great variety of Spanish wines - a vacation in the south could cost about 5000euros,the very same here will cost half but with a huge difference in what you are offered for half of the price,so do come this way.....but one advice,come in a friendly manner and be jolly,once foreigners make trouble here the locals will (and a big WILL) make trouble makers life impossible and the law is VERY strict this side,so if you are friendly and enjoy making friends you are most welcome, and as long as I am here I will see to it that you do really enjoy your stay,everyone is super friendly with those whom are the same and from what I gather you are all a great bunch of people.

Unfortunately in life we all have different languages and cultures and because I was raised in an English culture I do understand and can expres myself to you guys,Spanish people would love to be able to comunicate and make you feel at home,but we do have a language barrier which depending on how much we drink and how our moods are we can be better or worse,but I do know we are all the very same and want to enjoy life and enjoy meeting people of all nations - when I say we I mean we English and we Spanish.

Life is so short and the best is to make friends and enjoy each and every moment of it!

Welcome Mano. Actually, I know of someone from Spain. Oh yes Picasso I think his name was. Quite a dab hand with a pencil.

Wildjesusfishkid - my friend...u got quite an age !!!!!!!!
Perhaps u knew Plato as well????lol!!