Where have the comedy films gone? Page 9

Quote: Tommy Power @ October 1 2008, 3:33 PM BST

Yep, good call. I tend towards the latter category. Pleased

Still, no mention of Death at a Funeral? I thought that was an outstanding film. I metaphorically laughed my head off.

I really enjoyed that film. The guy out of his face on drugs was brilliant.

I can't be bothered to argue or anything so I'm just going to list some films that I think are very funny. Recently I've enjoyed Knocked Up, Little Miss Sunshine, Napolean Dynamite, Hot Fuzz and Heartlands. But my favourite funny films (some have been already mentioned, some haven't so I hope it might make check them out) include:

Withnail & I
Spinal Tap
Best in Show
Nuts in May
Rita, Sue and Bob Too,
Meantime,
The Italian Job (1969 version)
The Moon and the Sledgehammer (a 1971 documentary about a very unsual British family).

I'm sure there's some others (like Life of Brian, but you all know about that) I've left off.

Here are some of my all time favorites...
- Airplane
- Young Frankenstein
- Ghostbusters
- The 3 Amigos
- The Jerk
- Trading Spaces
- Duck Soup
- Planes trains and Automobiles
- Naked Gun
- Blues Brothers
- Any movie by Python..specifically Meaning of Life.
- Groundhog Day
- Office Space
Those are just off the top of my head. Most are from the 80s I know but maaaaaaaaan they knew how to do comedy back then.

Quote: Curt @ October 1 2008, 10:03 PM BST

- Office Space

:)

Quote: Griff @ June 28 2008, 10:53 AM BST

Personally I thought Hot Fuzz stunk from start to finish, but good for the rest of you if you enjoyed it.

I thought it was a legendery film. Loved the bit where the Nick Frost charactor is looking through the DVD's and the most visible DVD there is 'Shaun of the Dead' A bit of advertising from Simon Pegg there.

I liked it too. Shaun of The Dead is my fave, but Hot Fuzz has plenty of laughs too.

Quote: Aaron @ October 1 2008, 5:47 PM BST

Think that this says a lot about the convicts' unsophisticated tastes really. ;)

Listen mate, you can talk 'bout "suffistikashun" 'n shit like dat, but you lot serz ain't got a klu 'ow to root a dingo or nuffin.
Unimpressed

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 1 2008, 5:51 PM BST

I really enjoyed that film. The guy out of his face on drugs was brilliant.

Haigh Faive!

I don't understand the hate on for Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
I seriously think people on here dislike the films because everyone else liked them. That or they just dislike Pegg no matter what he is involved in or just because he's successful.
Rotten Tomatoes:
Hot Fuzz: 90%
Shaun of the Dead: 91%

It brings North Americans to Brticom (I saw a big advertisement for Spaced just this month with just such an add campaign) and that can't be a bad thing.

Quote: Curt @ October 2 2008, 3:52 AM BST

I seriously think people on here dislike the films because everyone else liked them.

That's basically it. For most of them.

Quote: Winterlight @ October 1 2008, 10:45 PM BST

I liked it too. Shaun of The Dead is my fave, but Hot Fuzz has plenty of laughs too.

And yet you dislike Spaced?! Oh well, at least you like their movies.

Quote: Curt @ October 2 2008, 3:52 AM BST

I don't understand the hate on for Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
I seriously think people on here dislike the films because everyone else liked them.

Yep. Great films both.

Quote: zooo @ October 3 2008, 8:09 PM BST

That's basically it. For most of them.

'Cept me. :)

You're the reason I had to say most. You pesky bugger.

:D

zooo you are very naughty. You get very cross when Jolanta Zofia Loonygob accuses you of liking The Office purely as a fashion statement. And yet you accuse Pegg-haters of the same. Fact is ... I just don't find him funny. I've even seen him on stage (as part of Coogan's Alan Partridge tour) and hated him then. I don't like Spaced and I don't like his rubbish films and I don't like him. End of.

Aw, I am at least half joking though. AND I said most, not all.

(and I think I said it about his films, not Pegg himself. But, either way. You are right.)
(and you don't get Jolanta saying that...)