Is Gavin and Stacey Funny?

Hi, it's a long time since I've been on this, some of you might have forgotten me. Basically I asked this question because after all the publicity it's got, I tried it out for myself. To be honest I only laughed once in the whole episode, and that was in the last episode when Matthew Cordon's character slipped on the floor as he was running. Should I give it more time, is this what I can expect from future episodes?

edited for readability by zooo

Not seen much of it myself, but what I have seen of it, it does look very funny.

Yes it is funny. In a gentle way. IMO. Not hysterical no but defo some laugh out loud moments & many, many little giggles to yourself mo's.

Yes, its funny. Unless, like you perhaps, you dont find it funny. Then it isnt funny.

Quote: Jeremy Quarshie -Halm @ June 19 2008, 6:58 PM BST

To be honest i only laughed once in thw whole episode and that was in the last episode when Matthew Cordons character sliiped on the floor as he was running.

Shows how much you like it when you confuse Mathew Horne and James Corden's names, doesn't it?

Yes!

I didn't find it funny.

I find Matthew Horne a funny actor though. I thought he was good in Teachers.

My good friend Phil is the producer of this show - but it is one of those series that is liked by the critics and gets elevated beyond it's true status.

blah blah , if ya think its funny ITS FUNNY!! ,if ya dont think its funny it f**kin well aint funny is it??

Jeezus, some of you people have to ask permission before ya take a shit??

NEWSFLASH !!!! YOU CAN HAVE A FUCKIN OPINION WITHOUT ASKING FOR PERMISSION FOR ONE!!

Heres summat funny, if you type FUCKIN in capitals it allows it..... the worlds gone mad....

If you turn off the language filter, it allows anything.

Yeah, make up your own mind; if you dont like it, dont watch it. Simple. If the episode you watched didnt make you want to find out more yourself, then dont.

Quote: Rockabilly @ June 19 2008, 10:59 PM BST

blah blah , if ya think its funny ITS FUNNY!! ,if ya dont think its funny it f**kin well aint funny is it??

Jeezus, some of you people have to ask permission before ya take a shit??

NEWSFLASH !!!! YOU CAN HAVE A FUCKIN OPINION WITHOUT ASKING FOR PERMISSION FOR ONE!!

Who exactly was?

Jeremy Quarshie -Halm, I guess.

Gavin & Stacey is funny, but I think what wins people over is the warmth. It is a breath of fresh air.

I enjoy watching Gavin & Stacey, but it isn't side-splittingly funny.

It feels slightly watered down in that mainstream kind of way, but it is a good show.