Sketch Shows Page 2

Three of a Kind? hahahaha. Only joking

I enjoyed that!

Quote: Aaron @ June 24 2008, 6:13 PM BST

"By women, for women" doesn't necessarily mean that men wouldn't enjoy it.

Absolutely not. Some of the women were quite fanciable. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ June 24 2008, 6:13 PM BST

"By women, for women" doesn't necessarily mean that men wouldn't enjoy it.

No, but thats not what was meant when it was stated like that above, I dont think. He was saying it would only be liked by women. Which it isnt.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 24 2008, 7:15 PM BST

No, but thats not what was meant when it was stated like that above, I dont think. He was saying it would only be liked by women. Which it isnt.

I do feel it was a show that had a female sensibility, and which was not aimed at a male audience. But I would say that was a good thing, if I was a woman. As a man I found plenty to smile at, but not much in the way of belly laughs.

And frankly, if Miranda Hart had been the most attractive member of the cast, I doubt if it would have had the same following among male viewers.

Quote: Timbo @ June 24 2008, 6:38 PM BST

Absolutely not. Some of the women were quite fanciable. ;)

lol

I liked Smack the Pony and not just for Doon and Sally and the others.

Rush Hour was quite good in a themed way!

Monkey Dust hasn't been mentioned yet, has it? Great show, especially in that first series.

Thank you for all of your suggestions. Reading through them I realise I have seen more sketch shows than I had realised. There were loads of new ones suggested though so I'm looking forward to watching them soon. Thanks again. Q!

Harry Enfield's Television Programme/and Chums/Harry & Paul
Horne & Corden
A Bit of Fry & Laurie
The Fast Show
The Catherine Tate Show
Goodness Gracious Me

The Two Ronnies.

Morecambe and Wise?

Out of principle, I should intervene at this point to say Big Train is IMO the best TV sketch show in recent history and not - as I've told Dan repeatedly - "very hit and miss"!

Big Train is, officially, the best. I checked.

The Fast Show and Big Train are the two sketch shows I love. Not sure I care for many others.

My vote goes to Absolutely, when on form it was genius.