Back To You Page 3

Don't worry about it show show is pretty well filled under "G" for Garbage. Grammer is apparently trying to get the show moved to a different network but that very rarely works. As you all know...I hope he fails and tries something different.

I watched this for the first time last night, assuming it would be pants, and actually enjoyed it. It's breezy and efficient in the American sitcom way. It's no Frasier or Cheers, but then what is? Apart from Frasier and Cheers?

Yes,I've been enjoying this. As you say, Graham, it's efficient, in the workman like way these American chappies have.

I like what I've seen of this so far. Quite like it. Not spectacular but some of the one-liners have been quite funny.

I am about five weeks behind though, so maybe they're not all great...

Dan

I'm with Curt. I was expecting top quality but instead got bargain basement. The cast is potentially a winner. The writing is awful.

I'm curious to see if your UK broadcasts of the show might include three episodes that were unaired here in the US. (These will be included in the forthcoming US DVD release, so we'll eventually get to see them if we want.)

The final episode that aired in the US was the episode dealing with the "Doin' It Again" ad campaign, which I actually thought was the funniest episode from the entire season.

Two episodes that were produced earlier in the season remained unaired. There is also a third unaired episode that I read was actually produced with the intention of airing in the second season, but obviously that won't happen. Not sure if that's completely accurate, though. This third unaired episode isn't even listed on epguides, so we can't check out the production numbers.

Grammer and the producers did try to move the series elsewhere. Apparently, CBS gave it some minor consideration, but passed. The series is now completely dead.

Grammer and Patricia Heaton has since signed on with other series for the upcoming TV season. Of course, Kelsey is now dealing with bigger issues, having suffered a near-fatal heart attack two months ago, and having a small flare-up within the past few days.

Quote: roscoff @ July 30 2008, 5:31 PM BST

I'm with Curt. I was expecting top quality but instead got bargain basement. The cast is potentially a winner. The writing is awful.

Concurred.

I've watched most episodes, and it's usually been unremarkable, but occasionally funny if you forget about Frasier. It's a shame Channel 4 chose to market it using the line "Fraiser's back" - I suspect they woulndn't've been so blatant if the show hadn't already been cancelled. A shame one character disappeared quite abruptly and something which could've been a great gradually-revealed running gag was thus blown in one episode. It was a collection of clichés, and the kid wasn't all that realistic (but neither are 90% of kids in sitcoms), but it wasn't the worst US sitcom you'll see.

I was one of the few people who were sorry to hear of its demise. I enjoyed the episodes I saw, it was slightly reminiscent of something from the early eighties, I just can't think what that is though. I did think it had legs, even if they were a bit spindly. Maybe it could have evolved, I guess we will never know now.