Back To You

Anybody seen this sitcom starring Kelsey Grammar as an anchor man yet? It starts next week on More4 and, on the basis of the trailer I thought it looked pretty good. And when he isn't having heart attacks or attending the funerals of murdered family members, Kelsey Grammar is a damn fine comedy actor.

It's shit, it really is. Love Kelsey as Frasier and Sideshow Bob but this just isn't good. There's no chemistry between any of them and it's just plain not interesting or funny.

Drat! Still, that might explain why it's on More4.

You still might like it. Just don't compare it to Frasier or anything else, ever!

I'll still watch it, but I fear you're probably right. It seems to have arrived on these shores with very little fanfare. Usually, if it's a hit show, they hype it to hell and ram it down your throat. This one's snook into the schedules.

Oh it got axed as well by the way, Although that might have been through the second season, I'm not sure?

EDIT: Actually, it managed 14 episodes of the first season before it was axed. >_<

Quote: Leevil @ June 5 2008, 1:10 PM BST

Oh it got axed as well by the way, Although that might have been through the second season, I'm not sure?

EDIT: Actually, it managed 14 episodes of the first season before it was axed. >_<

I awoke today with such high hopes for Back To You, and in the space of a few minutes you've crushed them! Teary

Aw sorry mate... err... it's great, honestly!! I was only kidding, I'm a kidder, you'll love it!! There's this bit where he Laughing out loud with the.. Laughing out loud Ah, good times!

Errr

Worst comedy of 2008.

Quote: Curt @ June 6 2008, 11:43 AM BST

Worst comedy of 2008.

You obviously haven't seen BBC3's recent run of pilots.

I watched it yesterday, it was okay, no Frazier but ok.

Quote: jacparov @ June 12 2008, 10:25 PM BST

I watched it yesterday, it was okay, no Frazier but ok.

I agree.

I missed the first episode, but I'm a big fan of Patricia Heaton (and Kelsey as well of course) so I might give it a go.

Its hard getting into a sitcom that you already know has been cancelled though.

Mind you, that didn't stop me falling in love with Freaks and Geeks...doubt this can be compared though :)

Back to You is repeated Sunday night on Channel 4.

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl :)