Guilt - The sitcoms you daren't admit you love? Page 4

I had forgotten about hardware,

I think it was on a par with many other longer lasting sitcoms ,
and shitloads better than the never ending flogged to death especially written for dying actors last of the summer wine!

Quote: Rockabilly @ June 5 2008, 7:26 PM BST

I had forgotten about hardware,

I think it was on a par with many other longer lasting sitcoms ,
and shitloads better than the never ending flogged to death especially written for dying actors last of the summer wine!

I liked Hardware! I forgot about that too.

Quote: Aaron @ June 5 2008, 12:37 PM BST

Supernova - Not brilliant, but again it has its moments.

I liked "Supernova," too -- though it might have been for Kat Stewart more than any actual comedy content...

It Aint Half Hot Mum is still very good. I remember Hardware and remember being the only person I knew who liked it.

Quote: Jack Massey @ June 5 2008, 5:00 PM BST

Father Ted is amazing and definetly not over-rated.

I had heard so much about hype about Ted then when I finally sat down to watch I was left a bit of a "meh". There were some very clever moments, but it just seemed to never come together 100% for me.

I quite liked the Johnny Vaughan sitcom 'Orrible.

Dead Man Weds, very underated. I liked Hardware to, well, the first series.

Quote: jeej @ June 6 2008, 4:03 AM BST

I quite liked the Johnny Vaughan sitcom 'Orrible.

I quite liked that too. I remember it came out at the same time as 9/11 and for a few days it seemed to attract worse headlines than the terrorist atrocities. Johnny Vaughn did wear a bloody awful wig in it, though.

What was the short lived Lee Evans one? I think it only ran for one series. He was a bit Frank Spencer in it, getting himself into ridiculous situations. I seem to remember him on top of a sofa rolling down a hill in it. I quite liked it though.

Quote: NickTheDon @ June 6 2008, 12:17 PM BST

What was the short lived Lee Evans one? I think it only ran for one series. He was a bit Frank Spencer in it, getting himself into ridiculous situations. I seem to remember him on top of a sofa rolling down a hill in it. I quite liked it though.

I think it was called So What Now? My problem with Evans is that he's very, very sweaty. Sick

The Good life and On the up.

Quote: NickTheDon @ June 6 2008, 12:17 PM BST

Lee Evans - So What Now? was great!

I actually had the list of my guilty pleasures posted in my first days here, I do remember that Aaron came around and reassured me that apart from maybe Are you being served? and perhaps The Good Life, there was nothing to be ashamed of ;)
I'm sure there have been some additions. Let's see:

Britcoms:
Are You Being Served? (only up to the point when Mr. Lucas left)
Keeping Up Appearances (only when I'm talking to foreigners, as this show is very popular in Latvia)
Coupling (British seem to be ashamed of it themselves)
Waiting For God (youngsters like me should not watch shows like As Time Goes By and similar)

Americoms:
Saved by The Bell (thank God, it has been mentioned here already! I have love/hate relationship with the show)
Everybody Loves Raymond
Perfect Strangers

For the record - I also don't find Fawlty Towers particularly funny. It's entertaining, and maybe groundbreaking, but most of the jokes just do not split my sides ;) Father Ted also does not live up to the hype.
But hey, in my defence - I'm warming up to Only Fools and Horses ;)

Noo Coupling was a great show!

It was until Jeff left anyway. It was a sign of how quickly it went downhill that the best line of the series after Jeff left involved him in some way anyway.

Steve (on the phone to Jeff): You're in Lesbos? ... Well I think that was a bit ambitious"

Also the guy that replaced Jeff was just embarrassing. He was trying too hard to be Jeff.

Quote: WrongTale @ June 6 2008, 4:02 PM BST

I actually had the list of my guilty pleasures posted in my first days here, I do remember that Aaron came around and reassured me that apart from maybe Are you being served? and perhaps The Good Life, there was nothing to be ashamed of ;)
I'm sure there have been some additions.

No no no, nothing to be ashamed of in those!

Quote: NickTheDon @ June 6 2008, 4:08 PM BST

Also the guy that replaced Jeff was just embarrassing. He was trying too hard to be Jeff.

Given the fact that they hired an actor who looked almost identical, was that not to be expected?