Stars that make you reach for the remote Page 15

I like him!

Quote: zooo @ May 29 2008, 4:48 PM BST

I like him!

I do too, his radio sitcom where he travelled the World was hilarious

Quote: chipolata @ May 29 2008, 3:56 PM BST

I don't know if he's been mentioned, but Paul O'Grady does my head in. That voice just goes through me.

Effeminate and rough Scouse accents are uniquely horrible. I'm allowed to say that.

Quote: Griff @ May 29 2008, 4:49 PM BST

He's a self-important bore and not remotely funny.

He's not that unfunny and his political rants are brilliant - admittedly I listen to him on the Now Show rather than watching him.

I vote for Marcus Brigstocke too, can't stand the guy. I really don't understand why he's on stuff so much....good call Aaron

Ok he can go into room 101 - oops, sounds like another thread that one! :D

Quote: Griff @ May 29 2008, 4:45 PM BST

Does that extend to include Scotland too, and Scandinavia ?

Depends on the individual accent.

Quote: PhQnix @ May 29 2008, 4:48 PM BST

You hate Marcus Brigstocke? How? Why?

He's a cock. His act has been the exact same, hypocritical, lazy rubbish as long as I've known (of) him. Change the record.

Of all the Scousers on T.V., Paul O'Grady and Cilla Black are probably the two with the highest profiles, and both have terrible voices. I don't mind them when they're talking at a normal volume - afterall I am a Scouser myself - but I do sometimes cringe, when I hear them shrieking - especially when they're together! The Scouse accent sounds much better, when it's coming out of the mouths of people whose voices are a tad less shrill, like Paul McCartney, Peter Serafinowitz, or the late John Peel.

Quote: catskillz @ May 29 2008, 5:50 PM BST

The Scouse accent sounds much better, when it's coming out of the mouths of people whose voices are a tad less shrill, like Paul McCartney, the late John Peel, or Peter Serafinowitz.

erm, how about Steven Gerrard, erm Wayne Rooney and erm, Jamie Carragher ? ;)

Rooney's voice is okay, but the other two sound like their balls haven't even dropped yet.

Scouse girls are the worst, no offence and I think it's only a certain region, but eugh!! My mum used to watch Brookside and it was like nails down a black board.

Gerrard's voice makes kittens cry.

On topic: I hate Andy Gray, John Motson and Alan Shearer.

When my nan visits, any female TV presenters under about 40 aren't allowed on the TV. She actually goes crazy about Davina McCall (MacCall?) and storms out of the room!

Patrick Kielty - a man, in the words of the great Charlie Brooker - who makes you wish he would shut-up before he's even started talking.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ May 29 2008, 6:58 PM BST

When my nan visits, any female TV presenters under about 40 aren't allowed on the TV. She actually goes crazy about Davina McCall (MacCall?) and storms out of the room!

Is your Nan a bit of a mental?