Gimme Gimme Gimme

I can't believe there hasn't been a thread on this before.

I just watched a couple back to back (!) and I haven't laughed out loud so much for ages.

So totally politically incorrect. And you can't complain about exploitation. It is just so over the top.

Dreyfus is classic with his reactions to Ms La Hughes and I miss Kathy Burke so much. A true comedy star!

Halfway through there was an advert for an evening of the Vicar of Dibley and laughterwise there is just no comparison.

I really enjoyed this series but haven't watched it in a while. At the time it was broadcast I still had her Waynetta "I am smoking a fag" Slob character in my head and it helped :D

This programme was bloody brilliant.

Tom was hilarious, whenever I'm pissed off I always get him saying "Oh big fat hairy bollocks" in his voice in my head. Linda was amazing too.

"I'm in distress!"

"Well I'm in *this* dress!"

Great comedy, great writing and great acting.

Anyone know whether this is going to get a new series at all? I dont see the main actors doing much recently, have they moved on or just been forgotten?

As good as it undoubtedly was, no, I can't see it ever returning. Kathy Burke's now a director, and I believe that Dreyfus has largely returned to the stage.

But hasn't Jonathan Harvey written another sitcom soon to hit our screens?

Quote: Aaron @ May 20 2008, 10:43 AM BST

... and I believe that Dreyfus has largely returned to the stage.

Are you saying that his role of superhero is now redundant? He will be missed .... by those who can't throw properly! :D

Quote: chipolata @ May 20 2008, 10:45 AM BST

But hasn't Jonathan Harvey written another sitcom soon to hit our screens?

Now you mention it, I think so, yes. Buggered if I know which, but yes.

And Jonathan Harvey is like the guy Sharon Horgan co-wrote Pulling with - a respected playwright with a sideline in sitcom writing.

Quote: Aaron @ May 20 2008, 10:49 AM BST

Now you mention it, I think so, yes. Buggered if I know which, but yes.

Beautiful People

Quote: Alan Cornforth @ May 20 2008, 10:46 AM BST

Are you saying that his role of superhero is now redundant? He will be missed .... by those who can't throw properly! :D

:D

Quote: Alan Cornforth @ May 20 2008, 10:51 AM BST

Beautiful People

That's the bastard.

I also note that the Bewitched remake (why NOW?!) is predicted to be starring Sheridan Smith. Cutie!

I thought it was funny how they suddenly dropped the whole 'Kathy Burke loves Liam Gallagher' angle.

I can't remember much about the show. I thought it was a bit broad even at the tender age of 15. I remember Phil Daniels being in one episode.

I lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve Gimme Gimmee. Linda's character is fab.
Kathy Burke is one of my top Actreses. I love her.

I have all three seasons on DVD. I love every episode but for one, The lollypop one thats set in adressing room. I just dont find that episode funny.

Quote: Andrew M Bedell @ May 21 2008, 1:07 PM BST

I have all three seasons on DVD. I love every episode but for one, The lollypop one thats set in adressing room. I just dont find that episode funny.

I agree with you the one with the lollipop was boring.