The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Radio)

Are there any fans of the original Radio broadcast? I have aquired all of the episodes but can not figure out what order they go in.
I have:
The Primary Phase
The Secondary Phase (I was able to figure out that these two went first)

Here are the ones I don't know:
Quandary Phase
Tertiary Phase
Quintessential Phase

Anyone know which order I should listen to them in?
Thanks a million!

The Primary Phase
The Secondary Phase
The Tertiary Phase
The Quandary Phase
The Quintessential Phase

Thank you very very much! I'm going to go listen to Tertiary Phase now :)

god i love douglas adams. I hav the original scripts to this. my most prized possession.

I have a first edition of the first book (paperback). Not in the greatest condition, but a first edition nonetheless! :D

Quote: Aaron @ May 8 2008, 11:39 AM BST

I have a first edition of the first book (paperback). Not in the greatest condition, but a first edition nonetheless! :D

Me too - although it's no longer really a book, more just a pile of loose pages.

Yep. Preeetty much what mine's like!

What did people think of the various radio sequels? I liked them, but I could never fully follow what was happening half the time.

So far I've enjoyed the 2nd installment just as much as the original. Very funny, creative and smart writing. Although I know I'll get a lot of hate for this...but I really liked the new movie's version of Zaphod. It especially works well for the second recording.

The Extended Tertiary, Quandary, Quintessential Phases are worth a listen if you want to buy the CDs or acquire them from other places.

I've finished Tertiary and I have to say it was definitely not as funny as the first two. I'm actually rather disappointed. Are Qandary and Quintessential any better? I liked the parts with Marvin though he's always funny. And the last few episodes of the Tertiary were funny. I laughed a lot with the creature who was perpetually killed by Arthur.

From memory I think that each phase corresponds to a particular book (I do own the full boxset but it's not to hand)

The Primary Phase - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy
The Secondary Phase - The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
The Tertiary Phase - Life the Universe and Everything
The Quandary Phase - So Long and Thanks for all the Fish
The Quintessential Phase - Mostly Harmless

Def.

Didn't the radio show come before the book? I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 2 2008, 2:41 PM BST

Didn't the radio show come before the book? I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.

Very good point and I think you are pretty correct - to a point. I'm doing this from memory now but I have read through the sleeve notes of each phase and I think (at the very least) the last set is based on the book Mostly Harmless. This may have been enacted around 2004.

Bum, I will have to go home and read the notes again!

Perhaps I would have been better off saying that each eventual book would 'roughly' correspond to each radio phase. Or something like that anyway...

Def.

Series 3, 4 and 5 of the radio show were only produced within the last few years, way after the books and also after Douglas Adams died.