RIP Humphrey Lyttelton Page 2

Aaaactually, it's devoted to comedy, not comedy writing...

The lunatics aren't the ones holding the shotguns...

Quote: Aaron @ April 29 2008, 11:06 AM BST

Aaaactually, it's devoted to comedy, not comedy writing...

'actually'

Quote: Anorak @ April 29 2008, 11:22 AM BST

'actually'

Drawn out words like that are perfectly legitimate.

(And even if they weren't, it'd be actually*, not 'actually'.)

(I knew someone would attempt to pull me up on that though. Keep an eye out for a real mistake. I'm sure it'd be far more satisfying than pointing ones out which aren't!)

Nooooooope

People will be telling me I'm spelling zooo wrong soon.

Cheeky bastards!

Quote: Griff @ April 29 2008, 1:28 PM BST

*wrongly*

incorrectly* :P

Anybody know if they'll carry on ISIHAC without Humph? I know in many ways he's irreplacable, but it's a great show and it'd be a real shame if it stopped.

I think Jack Dee would be a good replacement. He's got that same Humph contempt and has been a succesfull addition to the team, throwing himself fully into the spirit of the show.

If they do carry on I can only see it working with Barry Cryer as chairman. They have to promote from within, I think.

Rob Brydon's been doing it on tour. He'd carry off the innocent innuendo shtick quite well, I reckon.

Mind you, I still miss Willie Rushton.

"The next game is Sound Charades. This is based on the erstwhile television favourite Give Us A Clue, where teams of players used to delight their audience by miming the titles of songs, films or plays against a strict time limit. The most highly skilled of all was Lionel Blair, but how the tears of frustration welled up in his eyes during their Italian tour, at not being allowed the use of his mouth to finish off Two Gentlemen Of Verona."
May 2002

Poetry... sheer poetry...

kjs

As I was saying in my last comment, where else could you get to hear a man of his age come out with a joke like that?

It won't be the same without Humphrey Lyttleton. I just had to say that. Definitely not as funny by a long way