What should I watch now? Page 2

If you like Coupling, try get the Joking Apart DVDs.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ April 9 2008, 5:31 PM BST

If you like Coupling, try get the Joking Apart DVDs.

Dan

While I also recommend these, the DVDs are unavailable in R1 format. The original poster will need to have a multi-regional DVD player *AND* someone else in the UK to ship them over, as the folks handling the "Joking Apart" DVDs aren't allowed to personally ship them out of the UK.

Quote: Wyatt Mahon @ April 9 2008, 2:02 PM BST

Thanks for all the great suggestions...I have in fact seen many of the programs you have given...I didn't want to bore you with the entire list. That being said...I have often wondered about "'Allo 'Allo!"....

Fortunately, you should have no trouble finding the "'Allo 'Allo!" discs. Series 1-7 are already out in the US, Series 8 is out next month and the final series should be out by the end of the year.

You should know going in that "'Allo 'Allo!" is certainly no Shakespeare. It's a "silly" comedy, with lots of sight gags, an incredibly long list of running jokes/catchphrases and sexual innuendo. But, it's the best of its genre, hands down. It's extremely well-written, perfectly-acted and very funny. And, for being the kind of show that it is, it has some incredibly complicated plotlines, mostly involving a famous, nude painting.

I recommend it. And I shall say that more than once.

Quote: JerryG @ April 9 2008, 6:31 PM BST

While I also recommend these, the DVDs are unavailable in R1 format. The original poster will need to have a multi-regional DVD player *AND* someone else in the UK to ship them over, as the folks handling the "Joking Apart" DVDs aren't allowed to personally ship them out of the UK.

I personally have had no trouble buying R1 DVDs off American sites, not sure about the reverse way though? Unless I've misunderstood your reply?

Quote: Leevil @ April 9 2008, 6:43 PM BST

I personally have had no trouble buying R1 DVDs off American sites, not sure about the reverse way though? Unless I've misunderstood your reply?

Joking Apart is only available through one, private distributor. The distribution contract(s), as well as costs involved in licensing and shipping and rights and so on and so forth, no doubt prohibit overseas sales.

Oh, I see.

You have a really good list already concerning your taists. Especially if you havn't seen Blakadder then you're in for a treat.
I would also recommend "Are you Being Served". It's a bit older but I think it was ahead of its time. And if you liked Coupling you might also really like Green Wing (if you have not seen it already). Just keep in mind that it's not a "live studio audience" kind of comedy and the filming is a bit odd at first.

Joking Apart Episode 1 and I don't know how many other episodes are on youtube if anyone cares.