Forgotten, underrated Americoms Page 4

Has Designing Women been mentioned?

Scott Thompson is the only gay one.

Kids in The Hall is one of the best shows ever, ever, ever.

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2008, 11:56 PM BST

Kids in The Hall is one of the best shows ever, ever, ever.

You my dear Zooo have great taste when it comes to comedy.

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ April 21 2008, 11:53 PM BST

Has Designing Women been mentioned?

No it has not, but it should never be mentioned! It gives Curt childhood flashbacks of being forced to watch it with his mother. No mom I don't think Delta Burke is pretty!

Quote: Curt @ April 22 2008, 1:55 PM BST

No it has not, but it should never be mentioned! It gives Curt childhood flashbacks of being forced to watch it with his mother. No mom I don't think Delta Burke is pretty!

Aww I loved Designing Women, especially Dixie Carter's character, Julia Sugarbaker.

I am surprised to see no mention of Becker, Ted Danson's finest hour (and I am including Cheers in that). None of the terrestrial channels picked it up until after it had been cancelled, and then it was Five who threw it away in a daily tea-time slot.

Or how about the PJs, Eddie Murphy's claymation series? Edgy and very funny, and about as far away from the usual glossy US sitcoms as it is possible to get.

Or, going back into the recesses of my memory, Newhart, with Bob as a deadpan (obviously) New England hotellier.

Or then there was Barney Miller... (okay, that's enough now)

Has it not? Well, it's been discussed elsewhere anyway, so I'll ditto Becker. Brilliant show - until Reggie left anyway.

Newhart was splendid - very dry sense of humour which I like. Got the first 4 series so like to dip into them.

DANGER THEATRE

Quote: Aaron @ May 27 2008, 10:52 PM BST

I'll ditto Becker. Brilliant show - until Reggie left anyway.

That's it. I'm... I'm grabbing this one. From what I read, it looks quite good and up my alley.

Duet and Flying Blind. And add me for Newhart.

"I'm Larry. This is my brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl."

Quote: WrongTale @ May 28 2008, 8:23 AM BST

That's it. I'm... I'm grabbing this one. From what I read, it looks quite good and up my alley.

I do sometimes wonder if they actually wrote it about me. Except embellishing a bit, 'cos I'm far too English to be rude to people's faces!

Becker was good. Newhart is a classic.

Becker is OK (after first few episodes). I guess America was not ready for a Dr. House back then ;)
Newhart just wasn't for me...

Quote: Timbo @ May 27 2008, 10:51 PM BST

Or, going back into the recesses of my memory, Newhart, with Bob as a deadpan (obviously) New England hotellier.

Or then there was Barney Miller... (okay, that's enough now)

Good call with Newhart.

On the Barney Miller theme, did anyone rate the spin-off "Fish" starring Abe Vigoda? He's still alive BTW.

Taxi was great. I also remember WKRP in Cincinnati being funny. Although I was pretty young.