Forgotten, underrated Americoms

Yes, Americom. New word, might catch on.

Anyway, I've been doing some research and there are so many forgotten greats from the world of America. Some examples include:

Titus
Dharma & Greg
Action
Wings
Soap
Night Court
The Norm Show
Sports Night

Most of them were cancelled far too early. I saw an episode of Titus online and found it very funny. Heavily influenced by Christopher Titus's stand-up routine "Norman Rockwell is Bleeding".

Are there any favourites that people particularly have?

Titus had a few seasons, I saw most episodes I think. The Norm Show was great. I think I'm one of the few who think Norm Macdonald is a funny person.
I though Dharma and Greg was crap.
I would rank Night Court and Wings as classics, especially Night Court.
Don't know what Action, Sports Night (HBO?) or Soap is.

Soap was a classic, groundbreaking 1970s show starring Billy Crystal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_(TV_series)

I wouldn't have thought that Dharma and Greg was forgotten (but then I'm not a Yank and haven't not heard mention of it in years). And I'm not sure how it was received, so don't know about underrated - it's out on DVD though, I think?

Quote: Aaron @ April 8 2008, 9:34 AM BST

I wouldn't have thought that Dharma and Greg was forgotten (but then I'm not a Yank and haven't not heard mention of it in years). And I'm not sure how it was received, so don't know about underrated - it's out on DVD though, I think?

Well I think it has been forgotten in favour of shows like Friends and Frasier, which is a shame. And yes, it is on DVD.

I haven't seen it in syndication for a long time, that's usually a sign that a show is no longer cared about. Unlike Friends and Frasier as you mentioned which still plays a few times a day.

This wasn't a sitcom at all, but I'm just going to go ahead and say it anyway... Cupid.

Brilliant comedy drama with Jeremy Piven.
Why must they cancel EVERYTHING?!

Because they're fickle fools.

Ned and Stacey. Only saw a few episodes but it was very funny. The guy from Spiderman 3 was in. Thomas Hayden summat. and the woman from will and grace.

what happenned to that sitcom about those twentysomething newyorkers who hung out at that coffee place? friends, i think it was called. anyone know?

Friends plays like 6 or 7 times a day as re-runs in the States and Canada. Actually the guy who played Ross just directed Simon Pegg in Run Fat Boy Run.

David Schwimmer and the Ned & Stacy thing was Thomas Hayden Church. Cupid is good.

Quote: zooo @ April 8 2008, 1:55 PM BST

This wasn't a sitcom at all, but I'm just going to go ahead and say it anyway... Cupid.

Brilliant comedy drama with Jeremy Piven.
Why must they cancel EVERYTHING?!

Not sure if this has been mentioned here, yet, but a new version of "Cupid" is in the works at ABC. The network hasn't officially announced their fall/winter lineup, yet, but the series seems to be a likely candidate for a spot on the schedule.

While Rob Thomas, the man behind the original series, is also in charge of this version, the series will sadly not bring back stars Jeremy Piven and Paula Marshall. Actor Bobby Cannavale has taken over the role of Trevor Hale. No replacement for Marshall has been named.

No way!
Well, that's good, and Bobby Cannavale is extremely fit. :)
But Jeremy Piven's humour was what made it so great.

Still, that's good to hear.

I was about to ask how you actually know all of these people zooo, but then realised that you know every single 'fit' person in the world, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise.