Funniest unwitting band

What is the funniest band you've seen that weren't meant to be funny?

Zigue Zigue Spunknik - for starters. Surely the inspiration for Glam Metal Detectives (or vice versa)

Zigue Zigue Sputnick, hilarious - Love Missile. I can't say I've heard the Glam Rock Detectives, but pressume they we're the inspiration for the Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine track "Glam Rock Cops". Carter were funny. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally, but anything up to "1992 The Love Album" is class in my eyes..... perhaps I should take these rose tinted glasses off.

PWEI as well, funny, but sometimes for the wrong reasons, but all round good eggs!

I've not really answered your question there have I?

Just noticed the other thread sorry!

The Glam Metal Detectives were a sketch show based around an ecological crime fighting band of glam metal-heads. Oddly I remember this as coming out mid-80s but i'm out by a decade, it was 1995 according to:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/g/glammetaldetecti_1299001269.shtml

So ZZSpunknik had to be the source for the show (if the beeb can be trusted to get their facts right)

Weirdly I remember it as a sitcom, but it was a sketch show. Plus I thought the Young Ones team were in it but only Peter Richardson was involved. Shows how memory can decieve. I was flabberghasted.

I can imagine Slag, it must have been quite a torment for you.

Have you heard any of William Shatner's stuff. Mr Tambourine Man is very funny. And he does this song with Henry Rollins, they're both shouting about stuff they don't like. I actually quite like that song.

I can imagine Slag, it must have been quite a torment for you.

Have you heard any of William Shatner's stuff. Mr Tambourine Man is very funny. And he does this song with Henry Rollins, they're both shouting about stuff they don't like. I actually quite like that song.

I though it was worth making that point twice, just incase you weren't getting it.

:D

Shatner is genius - Rocket Man is so hammed up.
Do a YouTube search on him - it's worth it.

Personally, I think one of the funniest tongue-in-cheek songs is 'Ice Cream Man' by heavy metal band Van Halen, with front man David Lee Roth strumming about how great it is being, er, an ice cream man.

William Shatner does funny on purpose, silly.
Well, he does now (see his album with Ben Folds).

Maybe his stuff in the 60s was unintentional. I wouldn't be too sure though!

stryper

Getting back to the original thread, I've always found arrogant rock stars like Noel Gallagher unintentionally funny, especially when he starts talking about how Oasis are the greatest band ever. I mean they're not bad, and I'd certainly put them in the top fifty thousand bands of all time, but I prefer The Rutles.

Quote: zooo @ January 26, 2007, 9:40 PM

William Shatner does funny on purpose, silly.
Well, he does now (see his album with Ben Folds).

Maybe his stuff in the 60s was unintentional. I wouldn't be too sure though!

Thats it isn't it. Whaen he started he took himself seriously, and everyon elaughed at him. The he thought, okay, if I say it's all a joke and they're laughing then I'm a success.

It's like f**king David Hasselhoff and allthe sh!t. People are taking the piss, but then it goes round in a circle and it he becomes a f**king internet god. He gets on my wick.

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ February 2, 2007, 10:52 AM

It's like f**king David Hasselhoff and allthe sh!t. People are taking the piss, but then it goes round in a circle and it he becomes a f**king internet god. He gets on my wick.

I second that. Just don't see the appeal.

One of my fav bands is The Presidents Of The United States Of America.
Two of their song's to look out for are Kitty and fluffy little shoes. Blinding.....
Their stuff is amazing. Funny and rocking. Along with Tenacious D.
F**k her gently...Brilliant song.
2 very talented, humourous and fantastic bands...(Think they may mean to be funny tho.)xxx Wave :P

Yes, presidents of the USA are funny. Lump is a classic song, so is Froggy and Tiki God

Check out XTC's Pink Thing for clever lyrics. Supposed to be about his new baby!