Has there ever been a 'musical' sitcom..? Page 3

Although not sitcom, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Ally McBeal both had musical episodes. The Buffy episode was particularly good.

Quote: Griff @ March 31, 2008, 7:38 AM

Oi Tuumble - my sitcom's about a provincial arts centre full of the kinds of losers you describe - FIGHT !!

Ah Griff - I've seen you in the flesh even if we didn't meet so I think I better submit now! :D

Predictably, half of the responses have gone down the fame/grease route!

No, I really DID mean something centering on the life of a band or orchestra. There would be no actual need for music content as such.

Both 2.4 Children and 2 Pints have had musical episodes.

Yea, I loved the two pints musical episode. Buffy did a good one too, not sit com I know but still funny.

Quote: Jolanta Zofia Nowak @ March 31, 2008, 10:28 AM

No, I really DID mean something centering on the life of a band or orchestra. There would be no actual need for music content as such.

Ooh! Blue Heaven! Utterly depressing shite IMO, but it matches what you're asking for! And a bit more of light drama than sitcom from what I remember, but there was Tutti Frutti too.

Only if the, uhh, Jonathan Creek, hair got in your eyes! ;)

Quote: Jolanta Zofia Nowak @ March 31, 2008, 10:28 AM

Predictably, half of the responses have gone down the fame/grease route!

As I said - the Monkees!

And I'm writing one about middle-aged failed songwriters. If I can get around to it - or someone wants to give me a hand - so to speak.

Somewhat of an autobiopic then, eh?

Quote: Aaron @ March 31 2008, 11:31 PM BST

Somewhat of an autobiopic then, eh?

They always say write what you know!

Holly crap, Chapman's back! :O

Chappers!!!

I've just skimmed through the thread but I'd just like to say I'm writing a somewhat musical sitcom - it has singing in it.

Is Adam writing the songs?

If the answer to any of the above questions is 'yes', then it should be avoided like the plague.

Let's be honest - what we REALLY want is:

http://www.rutles.org/