Has there ever been a 'musical' sitcom..? Page 2

Quote: Griff @ March 30, 2008, 9:13 PM

Does Flight Of The Conchords count as a sitcom ?

Yeah, well, the 'sit' anyway.

Quote: Mark @ March 30, 2008, 9:23 PM

Two Pints has done a an award winning musical episode.

Naughty Aaron. Flight of the Conchords is ace!

(There's not any hidden text at the top of my message that can only be seen if you quote my post. Nope.)

:O

To be fair, I did quite enjoy (what little I saw of) the show otherwise. But the music TOTALLY ruined it for me, and made it completely unwatchable. Anyone got a cut version of the series? :(

The first couple of times I watched it, I didn't like the music either. But now I find myself watching just the songs (the best ones anyway) on youtube over and over.

I don't think you've given it a proper try. :)

(You're not really a f**kwit.)

I dunno, I think that I just don't like that particular musical style much. If it's on again, or a second series, I'll give it another go.

The Monkees.

How could you forget that - apart from the fact none of you were born.

Our local provincial theatre features loads of tribute acts, C listers and X Factor losers which could be a good setting for a comedy.

Imagine an occasion where Elvis, Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison wander into the foyer and you don't bat an eyelid. Keeping that gag running might be a problem but certainly possibilities.

What about Elvis steals a bag a sweets after he finishes a show. Over the tannoy the manager says:

'Elvis has now left the building and he's nicked a packet of Revels!'

Meat Loaf and Freddie Mercury then perform a citizen's arrest. :)

The Monkees!

Well, S Club 7 had a TV show too you know! Which I think Aaron might have subtly been referencing earlier.

Quote: Tuumble @ March 30, 2008, 10:19 PM

Our local provincial theatre features loads of tribute acts, C listers and X Factor losers which could be a good setting for a comedy.

Imagine an occasion where Elvis, Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison wander into the foyer and you don't bat an eyelid. Keeping that gag running might be a problem but certainly possibilities.

What about Elvis steals a bag a sweets after he finishes a show. Over the tannoy the manager says:

Oi! Write it, bitch!

Quote: zooo @ March 30, 2008, 10:30 PM

Well, S Club 7 had a TV show too you know! Which I think Aaron might have subtly been referencing earlier.

Yep - and 'North and South'!

Quote: zooo @ March 30, 2008, 10:30 PM

The Monkees!

Ah, I should have remembered them. I've actually seen the three-member Monkees oldies tour (minus Mike) twice -- once in 1987 and again in 2001. In fact, the 2001 show was one of the last with the three-member lineup, as Davy and Mickey kicked Peter out for good a week or so later.

Quote: Tuumble @ March 30, 2008, 10:19 PM

Thats great, and must be made before I steal it!

Quote: sootyj @ March 30, 2008, 10:43 PM

Thats great, and must be made before I steal it!

Notice to all BSG members: Thou shalt NOT steal Tuumble's new sitcom idea! :)

OMG! My wife has just come up with two killer scenes for this - I really am gonna have to write this now! :D

What about AD/BC: A Rock Opera? It was a one shot but I think it comes pretty close since we are mentioning 1 shot episodes.
As for 1 shot episodes Simpsons also had a few I remember. Plus tons of great songs.
Snake: "say your prayer's and then it's Kablamo" Click Click "Ugh Oh I'll be back when I get some amo"
If not.... S Club 7? *ducks*

What about R Kelly's Trapped in the Closet. Look it up on YouTube it's worth a laugh.

Quote: Curt @ March 31, 2008, 12:30 AM

What about AD/BC: A Rock Opera? It was a one shot but I think it comes pretty close since we are mentioning 1 shot episodes.

Yeah, the question was "sitcom", not "shitcom". :)

Quote: Rob B @ March 31, 2008, 8:16 AM

What about R Kelly's Trapped in the Closet. Look it up on YouTube it's worth a laugh.

Funny, yes (although you laugh AT him, not with him), but not a sitcom by any stretch of the imagination!