Soccer AM

Am i alone in finding this programme fan bloddie tastic.

I adore Lovejoy's sense of humour & the dance off is always nicker wetting hilarious.

I am not a footie fan, yet this is one of my most fav shows of all time.

It never, ever fails to make me laugh.

I love Tubes & tramp too....

Fab!!

I despise football, so I can't admit to have even watched a second of it.

Anyone else?

I used to watch it religiously as it was always fresh and had some great comedy...but find I'm too lazy to get up for it...the hangovers must be getting worse! I do think it still has it's moments but the ideas are a little laboured...though it definitely has some talented people involved...fenners is great and even lovejoy when he stops being too up his own ar*e. You can't really argue with it though...footy, comedy and indie bands a dream combination!

a great show, i follow my team eveywhere, although we've only been on the show a few times, and i think this is the perfect show to wake up to on a saturaday morning it still has sparkle and is always good.

I don't have Sky Sports anymore, so it's rare I catch it. I do recall 5 or 6 years ago though that I would be out on the piss on a Friday night, but I would still be up first thing Saturday morning to watch this. No other show has managed that. I'm lucky if I'm up for Football focus!

Fenners is a legend.

But what ever happened to the Fat Cat? Boosh boosh boosh. He just seemed to disappear.

And can anyone remember that fella who always dressed up as The Terminator? All he used to do was walk like robot making whirring noises , and say "Sarah Connor" occasionally. Quality.

To sum up, Its a right touch!

Gotta agree with lewsiroberts on this one - Saturday mornings are more fun because of it. Could do with some updating though, they have carried on some of the sketches for too many years now (eg Barry and Topless weather). My wee boy (2 and a half) and I always do the catwalk up and down our living room to the music when the Soccerette comes on - that alone makes it worthwhile for me.
And while I think about it, Helen Chamberlain - a football loving, Poker playing blonde (not that I needed a second reason).

Used to love it but they've fallen into the Little Britian catchphrase and format trap (Light drizzle, Kilkenny, Northern boys love monotony ... please spare us, it was funny the first 50,000 times but now its irksome). Its formats are now tired and they could do with actual comic writers.

And Lovejoy cheesed me off the moment I noticed he'd fawn over his guests and shake their hands but refuses to shake ordinary folks hands, even a kid was rebuffed. Unless there's a good explanation, it marks him down as a complete prick. I'd love to shake him by the neck.

I watched it once, because the Boosh were on.

I didn't watch it again. But that Lovejoy chap is alright. If you like that kind of thing. Silly name though.

i still love it, lovejoy is dynamic and quite funny, i think it could do with one or two comedy pro's behind the scenes to renew it a bit but i do love it still, my favorite sports show on t.v, along with match of the day.

Interesting move on from crime-fighting antiques dealer.

Quote: Aaron @ January 31, 2007, 8:15 PM

Interesting move on from crime-fighting antiques dealer.

I'd love to have been there for that pitch to the TV execs.

Dan

didn't Lovejoy (presenter not the crime fighting David dickinson) used to host a sunday afternoon show on virgin radio, i know he started working on the big breakfast then became producer (he still is the producer of soccer a.m) i know that he quit as the host of virgin and that slot is now filled by al murray (last time i tuned in it was anyway)?