Thieves Like Us

Thieves Like Us, which starts on BBC3 on Monday, is now available to watch on the BBC3 Website.

I've not had a chance to see it yet - if you get to check it out do please post your thoughts!

I'm always downloading too much to watch stuff over the Web.

Ahem.

Certainly looking forward to Monday though. Looks like it'll be pretty good.

At first glance, I thought this was a sequel to the hilarious Dan Ackroyd/Chevy Chase caper, Spies Like Us. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that it is just another BBC sitcom.

Giving it a chance then wheeler?

I’m looking forwards to this, the trailers look good and I like Fraser Ayres (Clint) in the Smoking Room.

Favourite quote

Lilian does a drinking action with her hand to suggest her ex-husband was a drinker

CLINT “What, he was a cock sucker” Laughing out loud

Haha, yeah, that's classic. Must dig out my recordings and re-watch. :)

I'll give it a whirl. Will probably watch it online when I get the chance. You know me, Ollie, I'm always willing to approach a new show with an open mind. Unless it involves Sharon Horgan, of course. :)

I liked this, not laugh out loud but some very good jokes and it brought a smile to my face. I liked the quick pace of the dialogue to.

I agree. Not sheer, utter brilliance yet, but definitely promise there, and some great lines. Looking forward to the next episode. :)

Pretty funny, I thought.
Pacey stuff - well, the credits ran at 100mph.
It looks like they decided that burgling houses is unsuitable for a sitcom, but robbing warehouses is OK!

i liked it but i thought it has some room for improvment, although it did make me kaugh out loud once. look forward to next episode.

I thought it was spectacularly average. The writing was insipid and predictable, and the actors devoid of charm or charisma. Were we supposed to warm to any of them? Because I certainly didn't. The storyline was strictly by the numbers, and the pay off could be seen coming a mile away (and trust me, it wasn't worth it).

I also felt that the whole thing was morally vacuous. It would have been nice if at least one character had been conflicted and worried that stealing is actually wrong. If nothing else, it would have added depth to the paper thin characterisations. And finally, it was misogynistic, as the only two female characters featured were a slut and a screeching banshee.

Some sense at last. Yet another mediocre script gets picked up by the BBC. It wasn't terrible like other recent efforts I could mention, just depressingly average. The fast pace seemed like a desperate attempt to distract the viewer from the sub-Tarantino dialogue and shortage of laughs.

Don't know if I watched the first or second episode online (the burglar alarm) but have to agree with the last two posts.

Why did the character Bex keep going on after everything as though he was a wit? And the whole thing with the police call and being called Ms and Reverend..........utterly pointless. The jokes were (if that's what you can call them) so tired. Where's the subtlety of something like an early Frasier?

I also had the misfortune to watch the first couple of minutes of Man Stroke Woman's second series. Still as bad as the first.

What intrigued me about the publicity material for this show is the phrase "based on the well recieved Burglar Diaries". I'd be interested to know just who recieved this book well, because Nuts, Zoo and Terry Christian don't count.