DVD Bargains Page 81

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 31st May 2023, 7:17 PM

I'm so shocked by Network ending, by far the best DVD company ever.

Will it be possible to still buy their DVDs on Amazon or eBay?

Not to be cynical but if you want a particular release, I'd buy it now before it goes completely out of print and starts going for silly money on eBay. I remember the days when the only release of Sykes was the first series by Network, and that ended up going for ridiculous money until they finally released the full boxset a few years ago.

For the same reason, is there a list of Network DVD releases anywhere? With the website being down, I wanted to go through and see if there were any releases I hadn't got round to buying yet so I can snap them up before they go out of print.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 31st May 2023, 7:17 PM

Will it be possible to still buy their DVDs on Amazon or eBay?

Yes, whilst stock lasts. So don't postpone. Order tonight. I've already done so.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 31st May 2023, 7:31 PM

For the same reason, is there a list of Network DVD releases anywhere? With the website being down, I wanted to go through and see if there were any releases I hadn't got round to buying yet so I can snap them up before they go out of print.

You can find all of the comedy titles here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/pro/blackbook/companies/network/products/

Quote: Aaron @ 31st May 2023, 8:12 PM

Yes, whilst stock lasts. So don't postpone. Order tonight. I've already done so.

You can find all of the comedy titles here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/pro/blackbook/companies/network/products/

Same. I've ordered Home To Roost, You're Only Young Twice, Don't Drink The Water, In Loving Memory, The Wackers, Odd Man Out and A Fine Romance so far. And thanks for that, will have a comb through.

Sad I never looked through that list while Network was operational. Regardless, there are some great bargains to be had while they're available. Now got The High Life, Miss Jones and Son, Class Act, From A Bird's Eye View, Three Men In A Boat, Rich Tea and Sympathy and Yanks Go Home too.

If anybody's interested, I wrote an article about the value of Network over at Film Stories:

https://filmstories.co.uk/features/why-the-demise-of-network-distributing-is-a-hammer-blow-for-niche-dvd-and-blu-ray-releases/

I've just ordered Two in Clover and Round the Elephant Up the Castle, both on Amazon thank you chaps for the heads-up.

When ordering Two In Clover it said "Only 15 left in stock, more on the way" if thats anything to go by Amazon must be have purchased a shed load of Network dvds.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 1st June 2023, 8:48 AM

If anybody's interested, I wrote an article about the value of Network over at Film Stories:

https://filmstories.co.uk/features/why-the-demise-of-network-distributing-is-a-hammer-blow-for-niche-dvd-and-blu-ray-releases/

Nice piece.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 1st June 2023, 10:46 AM

Where's the best place to buy the Network releases?

Amazon, via here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/pro/blackbook/companies/network/products/

I've just ordered Two in Clover and Round the Elephant Up the Castle, both on Amazon thank you chaps for the heads-up.

When ordering Two In Clover it said "Only 15 left in stock, more on the way" if thats anything to go by Amazon must be have purchased a shed load of Network dvds.

I may order some more next week, depending on what they have in.

When ordering Two In Clover it said "Only 15 left in stock, more on the way"

This is just standard text. It actually translates to "we have 15 in stock but if possible we'll get more in future".

We know that is not possible.

Is it likely that the original broadcastera would do something with these titles?
Perhaps release the series of shows that had not been completely put out yet.
Or release the shows Network where planning to in the coming months etc.

I've just had a look on the HMV website they selling The Rag Trade: The Complete LWT Series for £14:99 that's shocking on the Network site it was half that even Amazon today are selling it for £10:49.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 1st June 2023, 4:48 PM

Is it likely that the original broadcastera would do something with these titles?
Perhaps release the series of shows that had not been completely put out yet.
Or release the shows Network where planning to in the coming months etc.

It's certainly possible, but I'm not sure it's likely. I certainly wouldn't bet on it happening. I've bought what I wanted now rather than running the risk.

Sad news about Network. I fancied getting Shelley series 1-6 and series 7-10. Just checked on Amazon and of the former they only have 2 left in stock. I guess I better act quick.

Just picked up Count Arthur Strong Series 1 for £3.48 inc. post

I've just bought Shelley: The Complete Series 1 to 6. Amazon said only one left in stock and so I've just got it. Phew!

Further to the Network issue, I've just bought Mann's Best Friend from Amazon. It cost £5.89.

Picked up a mint Ken Dodd "Comedy Legends" DVD - this one being the longer version of the revised later one.

£3.95 inc. post - bargain!