Parsons and Naylor's Pull Out Sections Page 2

The dead lines wednesday at 4pm aint it?

You mean there's at spot open?!

Quick everyone pile in!

So how do you go about submitting stuff to them?

Also I've looked on the bbc website because I was hoping to catch a repeat of their show but I can't find anything! I like Andy Parsons and actually caught the last couple of sketches the other day.

I've never really thought about radio before, but it seems quite an interesting prospect. Let's hope the gadget radio thingy catches on.

Quote: paul watson @ February 27, 2007, 2:38 PM

The dead lines wednesday at 4pm aint it?

Paul

It's each Tuesday at 3pm, so just missed. Sorry, I was too busy writing some shit topical to log on and read before then! My apologies.

They'll accept any *major* breaking stories between now and tomorrow at noon but they record tomorrow evening so need them by then.

Leevil

Details are at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunity/parsonsandnaylor07.shtml

Hope this helps

Dan

Damn... I really thought it was for tomorrow... I only have about 2 weeks left as well don't I?

Yeah, next Tuesday and the Tuesday (both 3pm) after are the two episode deadlines left.

To be honest, I didn't have much time this week and managed to do eleven (very weak) gags in two hours. Just wanted to get them in so they see my stuff week-in, week-out and realise I'm not going away!

:)

Dan

Thanks swerytd, anyone ever been successful?

I really want my stuff used... I don't why I guess I need a boost in the comedy writing area at the moment I don't know just love to have something used

So you can still send stuff in after the deadline, but it will have to be smokin' hot?!

It would be so great to hear your name called out in the credits. They do credit don't they?

I've sent my stuff that I didn't get to edit and make funnier so it’s barely even on fire if anything it's terrible and very poorly written... gosh darn it!!!!

So you've had stuff performed then?

Oh no never had my stuff used, I don't blame them my first submission missed the mark a bit because I'm not a radio 2 person really but after listening the show I know what I'm aiming to write now.

But like mentioned earlier didn't have time to edit and polish the jokes so there not very good.

When I said "your name called out", I was actually talking about the royal your :P It would be great to hear my name called out, finally have something come from my brain, written and then performed professionally.

I also think it would be great to hear your(you) name called out as well, by the way.

I can imagine the hairs on the back of my head raise as I hear my name said... I would defiantly have to break out a mini bottle of champagne on that one lol.

And I also listen out for other peoples names of course!

You have to be careful who you're around when you have your stuff performed. I had some sketches performed a few years ago and it turned me into a big giddy school-girl when I saw them.

Normally I'm quite man-ly and my laugh is like 'Hoooo-Hooooo-Hoooo' but when they showed my sketches I was all 'teee-heee-heee'. I was a disgrace! The only way I could re-deem myself from those girl-ish giggles was to down a pint of Blue Stratos. Fortunately the Chemist was closed.

Good buzz though.

Sorry, what were we talking about?