Parsons and Naylor's Pull Out Sections

http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/tickets/shows/parsons.shtml

Parsons and Naylor's Pull Out Sections are back for a new series soon. They have called for open submissions in the past few series so I expect it's the same for this one.

It's topical stuff so they accept items for the whole week in the run-up to the show but I'd recommend listening to a couple of shows first as the format is quite unusual and specific.

Best of luck

Dan

thanks for the heads up... lets hope my topical sketches are better than my sitcoms hehehe

Is there anywhere online where I could listen to the show? I'm curious as to what this unusual format that people keep mentioning is.

It's on the BBC Writersroom site now and they are requesting submissions once more.

First deadline is Wed 7th February

ergh topical gags aimed at a radio 2 audience... I can safely say I think I've listened to about 3 seconds of radio 2 in my entire life.

good luck - I'll need it

They've stopped sketch submissions too. Another avenue bollocked / blocked by the last great bastion for us cold submission hopefuls.

On the Parsons and Naylor thing,I was thinking of writng some link gags for the show,trouble is the first show wants gags from the news of last year.The only thing I can think of is the World Cup.Can anyone help me out, and remind of anything that might be gag worthy in the last year?

steve

Gag writing isnt really my thing, but Ill still give it a go. Im surprised there arent more radio shows that let newbies send their stuff for possible inclusion; you would have thought it was exactly the sort of place theyd be actively encouraging and nurturing new talent. I know that BEARDED LADIES used to accept unsoliceted stuff as I had a sketch accepted in the last series, but have since been told theyre stopping that from next series. So what else is there apart from Parsons And Naylor? Anything?

I think Recorded For Training Purposes is their new 'open submissions' programme from now on.

Dan

First deadline is 4pm today for your topical gags from the last eighteen months.

Dan

I dont remember what happened 18 minutes ago never mind 18 months

'topical gags from the last eighteen months' isn't that an oxymoron? I submitted about a page of stuff ages ago so I hope some gags will get on.

they Email you back if your stuff is used don't you?

They send you payment if your stuff is used. I think anyway.

I did send them something for last week but think I missed the deadline. Also they need name address & phone number.

Mine was a bit laboured about inventor of remote control who died. I'm looking at this weeks news. Deadline each tuesday I think.