NewsRevue again! Page 92

Yeah, what Stephen M and Badge said. :)

Over the past few months, I've hardly written for NR as I've been busy on other projects. Therefore, sometimes I might have received running order emails, but not posted them here, thinking somebody else would. This may account for some missing weeks.

The Edinburgh running order is still not here yet. I know I had something in that, but don't know what, as I received a cheque the other week with a compliment slip marked "Edinburgh run."

Is payment only made at the end of a run or as it goes along?

I think only at the end of the run or until you earn enough to justify a cheque. I think they don't send cheques out until you earn 10pound - not sure though I'm sure someone will know more

Thanks blahblah. I fear I'm turning this into a FAQ thread, but there is very little info on their website.

If you go back to earlier pages on this thread you'll see me asking a load of questions too : ) They isn't much info I think its just the more you write for them the more you learn the rules

Quote: StephenM @ November 16 2012, 10:16 AM GMT

If I've understood it correctly the weeks 4,5,6 just sent out were for the previous director's and casts run.

The weeks 1 & 2 sent out before that were for the current run and hence come after the weeks 4,5, 6 just sent out. They have got things a little muddled up probably explained by the fact they're changing the person responsible for admin once again!

And I think we should be just about to start on a new run but haven't heard anything yet about a new director.

Coolio. Can someone send me the new directors details when you get them please, as despite numerous attempts to get back on the mailing list it still ain't happening.

Quote: Badge @ November 16 2012, 10:32 AM GMT

Mikey completed details of run 102. We've had weeks 1 and 2 of run 103. We are still missing weeks 3, 5 and 6 of run 101 but I didn't have anything in that so I'm not that fussed (unless they credited me with someone else's work, which can happen).

Rightyhoo. Can't believe they'd mess up credits, disgraceful!

So, if anyone gets weeks 3,5,6 of run 101 please post (obviously change all the credits to 'Badge' first)

AJGO, dunno if you're aware but there's now a new person doing the admin for NR, and she might be able to send out the still-missing ROs (r101 shows 3, 5 & 6) if you enquired..

I'd ask myself, but feel I've already made a bit of a nuisance of myself chasing up the r102 ones, also I don't think I sent much around the time of r101.

just fyi
J

I think we're on the wrong track here, I think we've had all the previous runs up to episode 2 of the current run. Otherwise, I've had a sketch on the go for about 9 weeks which doesn't make sense

Cheers J, I presume if they were to hand they'd have sent them out- alas I am well versed in the mysterious ways of the NR admin! I'm sure they'll show up in a year or so when no-one can recall having written anything listed on there :)

Quote: Trinder @ November 16 2012, 8:05 PM GMT

I think we're on the wrong track here, I think we've had all the previous runs up to episode 2 of the current run. Otherwise, I've had a sketch on the go for about 9 weeks which doesn't make sense

You may well have they used my olympic support group sketch for two full runs (I think) so it does happen

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ November 14 2008, 8:41 PM GMT

This thread looks great.
I only joined yesterday, but the whole site looks really good.
I'm keen to try to send something to the News Revue, so I'll definitely have to read this from the beginning later on.

Happy 4th year anniversary Steve :)

Just wading through this thread now, it's a mine of info, running order chaos and a nostalgia feast all rolled into one.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ November 16 2012, 1:08 PM GMT

Is payment only made at the end of a run or as it goes along?

They tot up your "earnings" at the end of each 6 week run, but quite often you won't see the cheque on your doormat for weeks.

Also, like blahblah said, you have to reach a threshold before they send out payment. Can't remember if it's £5 or £10.

Don't expect to quit your day job though. :)

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ November 16 2012, 8:23 PM GMT

They tot up your "earnings" at the end of each 6 week run, but quite often you won't see the cheque on your doormat for weeks.

Also, like blahblah said, you have to reach a threshold before they send out payment. Can't remember if it's £5 or £10.

Don't expect to quit your day job though. :)

I have had cheques for less than £10 from NR. I don't think I've had less than £5 though.

I doubt many of us could quit the day job even if we wrote the whole show each week for the whole year. But it's real money for someone liking and using your work - which is great.

sorry to groundhog the thread, but I just got a nice msg from Annie attached to which were ROs 4,5,6 (from Adam's run, which ended in the last week of Nov) and also has ROs Christmas1, Christmas2, Christmas3.

All good, however..

The last ROs I saw were for Adam's run 1 & 2 .. which means that week 3 (show nights 1/11 - 4/11) still hasn't been seen.

Has anyone else seen the wk 3 RO?

J.

BTW I've asked Annie to send wk 3 out, just wondering if anyone else has it
..I'll post it if I get it.

I've not had week 3 but I did just receive the Edinburgh run, though that was as a result of a query I had.