NewsRevue again! Page 14

What's the usual number of submissions?

"ten a day"?!

Sooty submits ten an hour.

I used to submit that much when I first wrote for them, I like to think I've mellowed a little.

I think this might be one of the few times Treason and News have their starts of their runs on the same week.

So I suspect they've got as lot of people doubling up their writing.

I'm surprised they only get an average of 70 per week. I always thought it would have been much more, but there we go.

Yeah, when you don't get something in and they've had 150, I can deal with that. When you don't get something in and they've only had 70...

That is depressing as I must have been sending a heavy percentage of them.

It makes my success ratio looks quite low.

Dear God are you David Cameron's economic adviser?

I was thinking of picking random numerical values.

I'll cut government spending by 30%(BEAT) with magic!

A former colleague of mine has just left to join the graphics design department at a children's hospital.

Now that's a job specifically designed for cutting the minute the shit hits the fan. "What's that? Ten per cent savings? Now, should we sack a nurse or the Photoshop guy? I suppose this means we have to say goodbye to the bloke who mows the croquet lawn?"

Mmm. Nurses.

"I need 1 litre of plasma, STAT! And a nice logo."

Laughing out loud

By the way, have you seen the trailers for Casualty? I thought the Holby City ones with Connie as a lapdancer and the strangely-nosed one as a cat woman were weird, but the Casualty trailers are mental. Have these creatives ever actually watched Casualty and Holby City?

Quote: Griff @ September 10 2008, 8:14 AM BST

But the start of a run must be a bit of a special case, when everyone digs out the bottom drawer shite that's been rejected time after time and tries it on again. I know I do.

I actually resent a load of rewrites, bottom drawers and rejects the week BEFORE, thinking THAT was the start of the new run. :S

I groaned when the running order fell into my inbox saying "week seven." >_<

hMM... My post looks a bit disjointed as it doesn't mention Casualty. :D

Quote: Mikey J @ September 10 2008, 1:18 PM BST

hMM... My post looks a bit disjointed as it doesn't mention Casualty. :D

Yeah, stop wandering off-topic, Jackson!

OKAY. I prefer Holby City to Casualty. :)

Is that better? :P

No! That's her.

Here's another picture of her.