NewsRevue again! Page 106

yes, you're right, I only noticed you and Andy - and the fact that I was NOT on there!! back to the writing desk... :)

I've just noticed I'm in there as well - and apologies to Dave for criticising his piece a few days ago!

Good work, everyone who got in. Judgement Dave appears to be the new SootyJ!

Quote: beaky @ 17th February 2014, 9:06 AM GMT

I've just noticed I'm in there as well - and apologies to Dave for criticising his piece a few days ago!

Oh lordy - don't apologise for giving genuine feedback - that's what critique is for.

I didn't know at the time that NR had used the piece, and I'm just glad that they did as it hopefully means that they accepted it as intended! I can handle missing the mark for some people, but if I missed the mark for everybody then I could come across as a homophobe.

And well done Beaky!

Quote: Ben @ 17th February 2014, 9:30 AM GMT

Good work, everyone who got in. Judgement Dave appears to be the new SootyJ!

I'm hoping that that's praise... :P

Well done to all that got in, commiserations and encouragement to those who didn't :)

See what the Weeks 3 and 4 running order throws up, should be out shortly.

Well done all. I've not submitted anything for a while, must try harder.

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 17th February 2014, 9:43 AM GMT

I'm hoping that that's praise... :P

If you've got a rather large amount of time on your hands, search back through the old NewsRevue running orders of this thread. The show was nearly 90% SootyJ at one point.

Do they pay anything, by the way?

Quote: beaky @ 17th February 2014, 7:56 PM GMT

Do they pay anything, by the way?

I believe so - some form of profit/door share for the shows your material was in.

I think a few people have quoted cheques anywhere from c.£5 to c.£20 in the past, though that's possibly for multiple works in multiple shows...

I'm still waiting for a cheque from the couple of things I had in in October last year, so I'm only going off other peoples' reports.

Haha! I thought it'd be something like that.

I don't think any of us do NewsRevue for the money It's more the honour and prestige.

Agree. I had one song which was used in two weeks. I earned £9.21. The cheque is on my wall. :)

Is there anyone here who wants to collaborate on sketches?

I often get some good ideas of stories to spoof and get several good lines but not enough for a decent sketch? I'm struggling with about 3 at the moment.

I could probably help with punchlines for stuff, but sketch writing is my Achilles heel, sadly.

They used my Sally Bercow sketch during week one.

I'm pleasantly surprised, as I wrote it in a completely different style to all of my previous Newsrevue sketches.