Man Stroke Woman Page 2

Nick Frost is great in all his sketches. Some of them are funny, but the ones that aren't apparently win out, cos I don't really watch it.

Quote: zooo @ November 16, 2007, 3:36 PM

Nick Frost is great in all his sketches. Some of them are funny, but the ones that aren't apparently win out, cos I don't really watch it.

You what????

Is this the show that had the answer phone sketch,where the couple were going on holiday and trying to decide what message to leave?It was really funny,but ages ago and I dont remember who did it..Anyone know?

Sounds about right. If you leave some spaces. >_<

Quote: David Chapman @ November 16, 2007, 10:49 PM

You what????

Erm... I think I meant that, although I like the Nick Frost bits, I don't like the rest so I can't be bothered to watch it.

Pleased

I just watched a whole episode of this last night and thought it was very, very funny. Clever, well crafted, nice and silly, well acted. And I was expecting it to be shite like Tittybangbang, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Quote: James Williams @ December 6, 2007, 12:44 PM

I just watched a whole episode of this last night and thought it was very, very funny. Clever, well crafted, nice and silly, well acted.

I agree. I hadn't seen it before. It didn't all work for me, but it had a good strike rate for sketch comedy and much better than most. I imagine some of the repeated ideas might drag if they repeat them over a whole series, like the woman not knowing her husband's name idea. Very funny the first couple of times though. Bit like Green Wing.

Quote: niteowl @ November 16, 2007, 10:54 PM

Is this the show that had the answer phone sketch,where the couple were going on holiday and trying to decide what message to leave?It was really funny,but ages ago and I dont remember who did it..Anyone know?

I haven't watched Man Stroke Woman so I may be wrong, but, the sketch you describe reminds me very much of one from The Sketch Show. Lee Mack and Ronni Ancona are going on holiday and he has bought an answer machine for whilst they are away. After recording several messages in order to not appear rude at not replying whilst also ensuring that if a prospective robber was to call they wouldn't think the house the was empty, Lee Mack comments that they don't have anything worth nicking to which Ronni Ancona replies what about the answer maching so he packs it and takes it on holiday with them. Hope that makes sense and helps Niteowl!

That does sound like a Man Stroke Woman sketch though. Not impossible it's been done similarly before, as Adam found out this week!

Any whispers on a series 3 for this? I have a sketch that would suit these mayhem-makers. :)

I don't think they accept scripts which explains why its a turdathon although they did have a diamond in the rough on the last series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox3Gd5GKfGw

Personally, I think this is one of the most under-rated sketch shows of the noughties.

The first series was a bit hit and miss, but the second was awesome.

Quote: groovydude89 @ May 7 2012, 10:37 AM BST

Personally, I think this is one of the most under-rated sketch shows of the noughties.

The first series was a bit hit and miss, but the second was awesome.

This.

Ordered both series on DVD today after booting up an old PC of ours that had a Man stroke Woman screensaver

I remember the series of sketches where a couple wanted to hire various people for their wedding (band, flowers) the price doubling as soon as they said "wedding", how true.

I saw Ben Cromton performing in BBC Newcastle's "Jesting About 2" (we wrote for Jesting About 1!!) and he was a standout.

Keep us informed whether MSW stands the test of time!

http://mkmcomedy.blogspot.co.uk/

Rewatched all these recently. When it was good, it was brilliant.