Man Stroke Woman

I have to say, I didn't like it at first, but after watching the BBC2 repeats on, errr, Monday nights I think it was, the show really grew on me a lot.

And then I realised. It was VERY similar to the kind of stuff my friend and I had been writing.

So what do other people think of the show?

I like it :) It took me a couple of weeks to get into it as some of the sketches are just plain weird lol but yeah it's good.

I thought it was alright at first, and was waiting for it improve, but I got kind of bored with it. It had it's moments, and some of the one off sketches were pretty funny, but some of the sketches that they repeated weren't that funny (to me) so I lost interest in it.

For example, the one where the fella had been dumped or whatever and he was constantly crying just irritated me.

[quote]And then I realised. It was VERY similar to the kind of stuff my friend and I had been writing.[quote]

I hope you're not implying anything untoward has happened regarding your writing there Aaron ;)

No, no, never!

I liked Man Stroke Women, although I also didn't take to the crying man sketches. I particularly liked "You can never just say I look nice can you?" and the make-up girls.

I hated it. I thought there was a real "dead" quality to the whole thing. It seemed listless and limp, and I found myself looking at the clock an awful lot while it was going on.

Yeah, that was very much my opinion when I first saw it. It seemed very dull and colour-less.

It was quite good but the 'you can never just say i look nice' sketch got really irritating!! :O

I only watched it cos it had Mighty Boosh and Nathan Barley links-but I really like bits of it, and other bits are just....confusing...i think..okay...yeah that wasn't funny...
Ginger Jesus! i see you like the mighty boosh and green wing too! wow

It was poor, of course there was the odd good sketch, but it was so unambitios it was untrue. And also almost indistinguishable from the equally 'who cares' SPOONS which ran about the same time.

I'm a little surprised at the harsh reaction on here. I thought it was really funny throughout. Don't usually take to sketch shows but thought this was a decent one. Hope it gets another series.

I'm just watching the repeats (i think) on BBC2.
I really like it. It would of been so easy to do a sketch comedy based on wacky, caricature characters like Little (milk the cow until its dry, then milk it some more, then grind it up and make powdered milk) Britain or the Catherine Tate Show, but no.
Particular recurring fav's are Nick Frost as the Dodgy Uncle, Nick Frost and Meredith McNeil as the role playing couple, Amanda Abbington reducing other people's kids futures to drug addiction, prostition, thieving etc. based on their playground activities.
Last night episode was a cracker

'How's the divorce going?'
'I'm in the middle of a park on a childs tricycle in my dressing gown, how do you think?'

Refreshing laugh out loud comedy to watch with your partner

I've always liked this show. Its so much better than a lot of the other sketch shows and relatively low on the repetition. Does anyone know if its got a 3rd series... if tittybangbang has...

I *really* liked it straight off and have liked it lots. Also liked both Spoons (C4) and Swinging (five) too, and though they all cover similar territory thought Man Stroke Woman did it most consistently of the three.

Dan

I really like it. Not all of it. But some of the sketches are fabulously silly and funny. Love Nick Frost complaining about his itchy jumper in the support group. great cast as well. It's one show I'd love to write for.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox3Gd5GKfGw&feature=related

snigger, chortle