Are you yearning for more GW?

Is it just me or is there a possibility that those who were hooked by Mac and Guy's antics might just be suffering from severe withdrawal symptoms by now?

Are we just to be given the likely 'ten years after' single update as per 'This Life' (yes, I know it wasn't a sitcom)?

A real shame there seems to be no enthusiasm at C4 for more of this superb series.

I think C4 would have killed for more actually, but Victoria Pile refused. Could be wrong though. Anyway.

I dunno, I think they left it at the right point. Series one was the best by far IMO, so anything further risked really diluting the show.

I would have liked to have seen more episodes myself, but that's just me.

Certainly not!

I'm obsessed enough as it is about this programme - any more would only send me completely mad.

Fantastic though it was, enough was enough. I want my life back, please.

And Mogadon Mac and Gruesome Guy are certainly not the most interesting characters.

Guy Secretan was the most interesting to me by far.
Also erm.... I've forgotten the character names, but Mark Heap and Oliver Chris.

Quote: Aaron @ January 11, 2008, 9:20 PM

I think C4 would have killed for more actually, but Victoria Pile refused. Could be wrong though.

Although Pile was indeed first to say it was time to end, Channel 4 were actually saying the same thing - although they liked the show, their view was that it wasn't bringing in a big enough audience for the amount of money they were throwing at it. Admittedly that was before they saw the DVD sales though.

As for me, I thought they ended it at the right time. I'd love to see a Statham and Boyce spin-off sitcom though!

Quote: Mark @ January 11, 2008, 10:56 PM

Statham and Boyce

That's the fellas!

Quote: zooo @ January 11, 2008, 10:34 PM

Guy Secretan was the most interesting to me by far.

Ditto that.

I met them all at signings. Lovely lot. Hopefully there'll be more along a similar strain as GW - and a Boyce/Statham show could definitely work!

And what's all this 'Mogadon' dealie? :S

I just saw something on ch4's site about series 3 being ready??
I've googled like crazy to find info on this but can't find anything.
I hope I saw right anyway, for me this is one of the best shows I've ever seen.

C4's site is mental.

I loved it but you can have too much of a good thing. I think it finished right but maybe a spin-off would work.

Or a one-off of the one-off

I have a yearning for Gardener's World.

It's the wellies I think..well the whole D H Lawrence thing really.

I have definite withdrawal symptoms, so much so that we have giant discussions at school about how much we miss it :(

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ January 12, 2008, 5:42 PM

I have definite withdrawal symptoms, so much so that we have giant discussions at school about how much we miss it :(

At school? It was on after you should have been tucked up in bed!